• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Law and Low Justice, Part 5

DrZombie

First Post
"You're not old. Nor paranoid. I wouldn't be surprised if our passenger knows more about us then we do." Gwydion grumbles.
"I'll be happy when we drop him off."

doghead

thotd
ic - HLLJ

Saanath shrugs. "I have no problem with that.

"So long as someone who knows what they are doing is around," he adds with his best straight face.

[sblock=ooc]Saanath was doing the piloting at one stage. Not sure if he is the regular pilot or not though. Currently 11 ranks (+14) although that is for level 8. Technically he should be level 9, I just haven't got around to levelling him yet.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I'd like to go too," Tess volunteers. "Get a feel for the ship and so on. I've got plenty of practice operating various systems, but every ship is unique. The more shakedown time, the better I'll do."

Wilphe

Adventurer
Saanath: Everything looks like it will be in order for the cargo; though it is quite a miscellany down there. Fortunatly you don't have to worry too much about feeding these things as Elizabeth Shaw is on board to do just that, when she isn't asking lots of questions and talking non-stop about space travel, "So, Mr Saanath, sir, you're the Purser right? What exactly does that mean? I bet you've some great places in the galaxy, have you been to Bleue Mer before? I understand that's obsolete for Green Sea in some language no one uses anymore? Have you been to Daramm? Do you reckon that'll be like where we are going? Sorry-if-I-ask-a-load-of-questions."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ruzz'koff stands, "The con is yours Mr Gwydion;" he pages over the intercom, "All hands, Mr Gwydion has the con."
"Tess, feel free to start looking around the systems. If you and Gwydion want to fly her out by all means do so.

"I know how to do almost everything around here, but there is usually someone else who can do some of it better. Trelene is really the go-to person for all systems issues."
"It'll take us about 34 hours to get to our Jump point, by that point I'd like to be able to run some practice so we at least somewhat slick with our handling. We can do drills and simulations in jump, but I'd like to get some live practice first while we have the chance."

"We are going to be jumping off into the wild blue yonder, no pun intended, into unsecured territory that might only get a naval visit once a month if that. Anything might be waiting for us."

OOC:
[sblock]
Gwydion and Tess can lift off whenever they like, clearence has been given.
Saanath's piloting skill is 15, Gwydion 14, Ktarle 6, Ruzz'koff 5.
During routine operations it is a question of who is awake and on watch. In a tactical situation when everyone is involved (which won't happen that often) I would expect Saanath to be Pilot of choice but a lot depends on on what needs to be done.

On a related note, Shayuri, can you add Tess to Rogue's Gallery please?
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65493[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
Wilphe said:
OOC:
[sblock]
Gwydion and Tess can lift off whenever they like, clearence has been given.
Saanath's piloting skill is 15, Gwydion 14, Ktarle 6, Ruzz'koff 5.
During routine operations it is a question of who is awake and on watch. In a tactical situation when everyone is involved (which won't happen that often) I would expect Saanath to be Pilot of choice but a lot depends on on what needs to be done.

On a related note, Shayuri, can you add Tess to Rogue's Gallery please?
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65493[/sblock]

Gwydion seats himself in his chair. His usual joking-take-it-easy-w'ell-see-what-happens manner is replaced by discipline. He runs through a strickt checking procedure ad gently takes the ship out when he's got clearance.

(take 10, -4 for not having the proper feat, gives +21 on the check. That should do it.)

Once clear of the space station he'll take 12 hrs shifts steering the ship, while Saanath will take the other shift. During combat he'll be the gunner.

Shayuri

First Post
Tessa sits the crew ops station during takeoff, concentrating on the sensors at first, then cycling through the other functions. She also handles, with permission, the communications with ground and orbit control.

(Sensors and Communications skills at +7 each, with special electronic warfare training courtesy of ISS :)).

Once safely in the black, she runs a few dead turret weapons drills just to get a feel for how the far trader's tactical station responds. On seeing the readouts, she comments to Gwydion, "A missile rack...upgunned from the standard hull, huh? Been in many scrapes so far?"

Wilphe

Adventurer
Gwydion and Shayuri perform flawlessly in taking the ship out of dock and en route to the jump point. Absolutely nothing will happen during that time, or during jump. There will no bombs, hijackings, murders or people complaining about the food. Honest.

OOC:
Feel free to chat amongst yourselves, if no one posts by the end of the year I will move onto breakout from jump

doghead

thotd
ic - HLLJ

Saanath does what he can to keep himself busy during the week of Jump flight. Looking after the cargo and crew fills a few hours each day. Ms Shaw and her Endless Collection of Questions is actually something of a relief, as it helps pass the time. He does what he can to answer them. The rest of the time he spends tinkering with his computer, or sleeping.

Remove ads