• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

hill giant errata

alsih2o

First Post
can someone confirm for me what a hill giants charisma score should be?

i am assuming that cha 17 is a misprint....as bykenore says "they are so charming the way their knuckles drag the ground, and the farting and scratching is pure grace"

Crothian

First Post
As of now the 17 is correct. There was no change in the MM errrata and I've yet to see anything in the FAQ or any Sage Advice that states the charisma should be anything else.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Yeah, they're not the prettiest things - but remember that Charisma also measures presence and force of personality. And I'm sure that if a hill giant were to tell you to do something you would do it. Quickly. I know I would...:D

Voadam

Legend
Giant charisma
hill giant 17
Stone giant 11
frost giant 11
fire giant 11
cloud giant 13
storm giant 15

17 still seems official but crude hill giants are not more persuasive or have stronger force of personality than the other giants IMO. You might want to make them 7s sort of giant orcs. Or keep them as statted and they are kicking sorcerers with reach.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Definitely needs fixing. I am guessing it should be either 11 (like most of the other giants) or even 9 (since they are at the bottom of the "chain" when it comes to giants).

Personally, I set it to 11 IMC.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Now that I got home from work and had a chance to look over the definition of Charisma again I have to agree... force of personality alone shouldn't account for a 17 Charisma. :eek: I think Eric is right on with an 11.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Grazzt said:

:eek:*Hangs head*:eek::rolleyes:

Well, err... you know "Eric" is ummm...Latin (yeah, Latin! that's it) for "Scott"... That's why there were no Romans named ummm.... oh forget it! :eek:

Its a good thing I didn't reply to any posts made by Eric Noah or Erik Mona. I'm sure they'll be wondering why I'm calling them "Scott"... ;)

Anyhoo... I still think an 11 is right on the money!

:D

Last edited:

Grazzt

Demon Lord
VorpalBunny said:

:eek:*Hangs head*:eek::rolleyes:

Well, err... you know "Eric" is ummm...Latin (yeah, Latin! that's it) for "Scott"... That's why there were no Romans named ummm.... oh forget it! :eek:

Its a good thing I didn't reply to any posts made by Eric Noah or Erik Mona. I'm sure they'll be wondering why I'm calling them "Scott"... ;)

Anyhoo... I still think an 11 is right on the money!

:D

LOL! No problem. Course I went out and had my SS card and driver's license changed to "Eric" so I guess I need to change them back. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads