• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hitler didn't really want to exterminate the Jews or that thread that you need to read before you report it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
In a surprising speech, to say the least, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu prettty much said Hitler really didn't want to exterminate Jews. At least not until 1941 when he met an evil Muslim/Palestinian (you chose).
In his speech, Netanyahu purported to describe a meeting between Haj Amin al-Husseini and Hitler in November 1941. “Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jews. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said: ‘If you expel them, they’ll all come here [to Palestine].’” According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: “What should I do with them?” and the mufti replied: “Burn them.”
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-for-palestinian-grand-mufti-holocaust-claim

I must say, you must have some strong hate when you partially absolve Hitler of the Holocost. And feel that you have a lot of impunity.

As this thread already reached the Godwin point?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Godwinned on the first post, yeah. If I don't see a reasonable constructive statement in the first few posts, I'm just gonna close this one.

Janx

Hero
I suppose it's obvious, but it seems to me that Netenyahu is just trying to paint the Palestineans as being as bad as Hitler.

Which is pretty incendiary to say.

This is about like that Ben Carson guy saying crap about muslims, or the previous nutjob in charge of Iran saying bad stuff about Jews every week.

I'm inclined to think that any national leader saying hateful stuff about another country or group of people is being destructive to peace and diplomacy.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Germany feels irrelevant, reiterates to the world that its the one responsable for the Holocost. "Hate us! We did horrible things!" http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ahu-palestinians-jews/411703/?utm_source=SFFB

If the humor isn't up to anyone's liking, I have to say this is so surreal that I find it tragicomic.

As for Godwin, I think to reach it you need to compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazis. Just mentioning Hitler isn't enough.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
If apologest for Zionist apartheid in Palestine needs to invoke Hitler and absolve him of the holocaust then, to borrow a TV media phrase, Netenyahu is finally jumped the shark.

let's hope he is widely condemned

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As for Godwin, I think to reach it you need to compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazis. Just mentioning Hitler isn't enough.

I think that comparison is implicit in the description of the meeting, which seems at least partly intended to show that Haj Amin al-Husseini was in some way as bad or worse than Hitler

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I think that comparison is implicit in the description of the meeting, which seems at least partly intended to show that Haj Amin al-Husseini was in some way as bad or worse than Hitler

The Palestinian spokesman taking Bibi to task on his loose grasp of historical timing agrees that Haj was an avid supporter of Hilter and the Holocaust, so...

Janx

Hero
If apologest for Zionist apartheid in Palestine needs to invoke Hitler and absolve him of the holocaust then, to borrow a TV media phrase, Netenyahu is finally jumped the shark.

let's hope he is widely condemned

Just a note, every time the extreme anti-jew/israel folks talk, they use the word Zionist. It has become a red-flag akin to godwin's law being a sign of a bad argument. I am not jewish, but every time I hear/see Zionist, it's used in an insulting way.

please don't use it.

I get that Israel has done some crappy things to Palestine. That's why we say Israel has done some crappy things to Palestine. You starting bandying Zionist, and you might as well say Muslims destroyed the World Trade Center. It paints the wrong picture.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The Palestinian spokesman taking Bibi to task on his loose grasp of historical timing agrees that Haj was an avid supporter of Hilter and the Holocaust, so...

So... what?

Is there some *reason* to not say what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads