D&D 5E Hlow good are archers in 5e?

ccooke

Adventurer
Effective in what way? There are a lot of ways to be a good archer in 5e - the fighter, ranger and rogue all have some interesting (and different) ways to be effective with a bow.

Sacrosanct

Legend
You seem to be creating a few threads asking for the most optimized character builds (you just posted one for a druid for example). I would suggest opening these threads in that dedicated forum. You might get better responses, and you don't have to fill up this forum with charop threads. win win.

transtemporal

Explorer
Wood elf ranged assassin rogue with alert, sharpshooter and skulker might be fun.

Dunno bout ranger, hunter volley seems ok buts that about it.

daddystabz

Explorer
It is not always powergaming to ask what is efficient. I haven't decided on anything at this point. I'm mostly trying to get an idea of the different capabilities and ways to mix things from other classes.

If I were to dip into Rogue after lvl 1 in Ranger about when would you suggest I do so and for how many levels?

Question about Colossus Slayer...a friend has this ability in another game I'm in. The name seems to imply it can only be used on very large creatures but nothing mechanically in the description seems to suggest this. Can you indeed use this on any creature that has already been damaged?

Paraxis

Explorer
Wood elf ranged assassin rogue with alert, sharpshooter and skulker might be fun.

Dunno bout ranger, hunter volley seems ok buts that about it.

Hunters mark spell, an hour long buff for and extra 1d6 damage.

Hunter's slayer feature, and extra 1d8 damage.

add that to the +2 to hit, and sneak attack from rogue and you are a mobile artillery platform.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases