HOARD OF THE DRAGON QUEEN on FANTASY GROUNDS

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

This Module Includes

the entire contents of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen adventure
image handouts that can be shared with players collectively or individually
maps containing information for the Dungeon Master (DM) only and with all locations pre-linked to story entries which may contain additional DM notes, boxed text, encounters, images and treasure parcels
maps with all hidden information removed and resized for use as tactical combat maps
11 bonus maps created by Zeph Ponos (aka Zeus) for use where maps were not provided in the original adventure
tokens for many of the monsters in the module. When no token is available, a letter token is used to represent the NPC
XP for encounters that can be dragged to the party sheet and awarded to the players as they complete them
Searchable monster indexes by CR, type and in alphabetical order​

Find it right here!

Hoard_Custom_Map_2.jpg

Hoard_Player_Handouts.jpg

Hoard_Player_Maps.jpg

mattcolville

Adventurer
This is super good news. I often create modules from published adventures and then just use FG on my Surface at the table. The Combat Tracker functionality alone is worth it.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The $20 price point is the most interesting bit of this news. I wonder if this is a one time deal because it's an "old" adventure and they are working on the backlog for a full list of releases, or if this is going to be a continuing value incentive for people buying into the FG program.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
A little late to the party, I'd say. WOTC's already forgotten all about the Tyranny of Dragons (their links to it on the site are already breaking) and anyone who was interested in HOTDQ would have played it months ago. We just finished it two weeks ago.

We just started it a few weeks ago and we are having a blast...

Warder

Blackwarder

Adventurer
We are still catching up with the products which have been released to date. We should be all caught up in time for a simultaneous release for Out of the Abyss later this year. The Rise of Tiamat should be coming out soon, followed by Princes of the Apocalypse (probably in a month -- hopefully less.) The DMG content was temporarily shelved to work out a few other issues, but might pop out before too long as well.

When can we expect an iPad version? I'm currently using my iPad with a paint program to gradually reveal the map and show images and using FG will make this much easier.

Warder

ehenning

Explorer
This will become real if they start releasing older modules converted for 5e as well as new ones. I know I would be happy to pay money for an authorized, proper conversion of some of my favorite APs

We are still catching up with the products which have been released to date. We should be all caught up in time for a simultaneous release for Out of the Abyss later this year. The Rise of Tiamat should be coming out soon, followed by Princes of the Apocalypse (probably in a month -- hopefully less.) The DMG content was temporarily shelved to work out a few other issues, but might pop out before too long as well.

Fantastic! PotA is the one I need. Has a decision been made as to how you are handling the extra content from the EE Player's Companion?

Still, Sold either way!

mattcolville

Adventurer
When can we expect an iPad version? I'm currently using my iPad with a paint program to gradually reveal the map and show images and using FG will make this much easier.

Warder

You're not going to see an iPad version unless or until they rewrite the entire thing in Unity. Which they've talked about doing.

Fantasy Grounds is a huge hack, the guys working on it now are not the guys who originally wrote it (as far as I remember) and they've talked about redoing the whole thing in Unity, which would be amazing. The fact that many of the basic Windows text-edit functions don't work in FG drives me insane. Control-delete!? What's that?

Remove ads

Remove ads