Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Prologue

Li Shenron

Legend
As the others loot the gnolls, Miri choses to take a closer look at the half-elven maiden's corpse. She is particularly interested in investigating the armor motif and the broken headband, which she will remove and keep. She's trying to guess if these remind her of anything familiar at all [OoC: let me know if you need some checks for this].

Brother Dave

First Post
"Yes, yes, a burial would be...proper..." Rolen trails off, looks faint. "Excuse me...I'll just be a moment." Hands shaking, he puts the arrow back in his quiver and stumbles over to the nearest tree, slumping down with his back against it. So this is what adventuring is like. I must admit, it is not at all what I expected. Still, I appear to have survived, and fallen in with good company. Feeling somewhat better, he looks up and takes stock. I suppose I should make myself useful, rather than sitting here like a lump.

Rolen stands back up on steadier legs and makes his way over to where Renestrae is examining the fallen cage. "Is...there another dead body in that one? May I help you with it?" he asks, coming up behind her. "I think Erevan is right. We should report our findings to the nearest authorities...which I suppose would be this town he spoke of?" He frowns, "and see that the victims of these beasts receive the proper rites."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
A solid blow to the side of the gnoll's head from Rober't staff knocks him out cold, and he slumps over.

Miri examines the half-elf's corpse, and finds nothing of interest. The obvious draconic stylings on the armour and dragon scales on the headband stir some nagging, forgotten feelings in the back of her mind... but she can't quite make sense if it.

Erevan finds a small grubby cloth bag on the Gnoll that identified itself as Hagnark containing a dozen gold crowns and three silver. There is also a rusty iron keyring on the creature's belt that holds three keys, one smaller than the other two. One of the other creatures has a small bag containing crude iron nails and a lump hammer - presumably this gnoll was responsible for the rough benches and tables in the camp.

Rolen and Renestrae move to where the cage came loose and tumbled down the slope, which you can now see came to rest in some fairly dense shrub, which seems to have cushioned the impact of the rolling cage somewhat. You can make out the battered and bruised figure of a young, blonde haired man in bright crimson clothes within. A broken flute lies in the bottom of the cage.

You both immediately spot that although the captive is unconscious and badly injured, he's still breathing.

Brother Dave

First Post
"Oh, dear", Rolen mutters, immediately going to his knees and examining the unconscious man. Hurt, and badly...but still alive. He removes his holy symbol from around his neck and places it on the man's chest, muttering a prayer to Sehanine as he places his hands over it. His hands glow, the light spreading out and seeping into the man's body.

Cure Wounds on the unconscious man (1d8+3=7)

[sblock]This presumes I can reach his chest through the bars. If not, I will try to get the cage open until the keys are found, then ask whether any of them open the cage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"He's alive!" shouts Renestrae. She quickly scurries into the brush to try and open the door.
[MENTION=80003]Brother Dave[/MENTION]:
[sblock]What would I have to do to convince you to stop using that purple font? :) I wouldn't blame you a bit if you told me to get the eff over it, but it is nearly impossible for my old eyes to see, so I thought that maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks! :)[/sblock]

Brother Dave

First Post
[sblock=IG]Well, I have been wanting to switch to light yellow...I guess this is my chance! JK, though it would be fine for all those using the dark background (as I suspect you are). Hehe...really, no worries though - I'll try to find a less offensive (i.e. more readable) font color before I post any more thoughts/speech.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

As he hears Renestrae's shout, he says : "Maybe it's that girl's lover."

Curious, he joins the rest of the group to see who the captive might be.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Rolen reaches through the bars of the cage and heals the unconscious human. With a sudden gasp, he opens his eyes as the magic flows through him.

"Aaah! Keep back you hideous beasts... wait. You - you aren't with the kobolds are you? Or... the gnolls? Oh, thank Tymora! Please, you've got to get me out of here!"

He begins to rattle the cage bars in a panic.

Remove ads