Hobbit pics

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Quote from pic #3:
''There's no way you can pace yourself for shoots like these,'' Jackson says. ''When we were going through the schedule for The Hobbit, I felt a terrible drop in my stomach when I saw that we'd be shooting for 254 days. We're only 12 days short of The Lord of the Rings even though we're only doing two movies. When I saw that, I had to sort of pick myself up off the floor and carry on.'' -- Peter Jackson
It'll be very interesting to see how they justified such an incredible shooting schedule with so little material. The Hobbit was only a fraction of the size of tLotR.

Welverin

First Post
Quote from pic #3:

It'll be very interesting to see how they justified such an incredible shooting schedule with so little material. The Hobbit was only a fraction of the size of tLotR.

It does mean they won't have to cut as much, doesn't justify the long schedule, but then with the success of LotR they could probably afford to take more time.

Herschel

Adventurer
It has always been planned as two movies.

But I say it now, it will fail miserably if they don't have some warbly-voiced fo singing "The Greatest Adventure." ;)

Jhaelen

First Post
It has always been planned as two movies.
:(
Well I pretty much avoided reading anything about it, yet (except Del Toro's comments after quitting). I cannot help but feel that the reason is nothing but a money grab (see the latest Harry Potter movie). The good thing about this is: I won't be tempted to watch it at the cinema. I'm just going to get the DVDs once both parts are available.

Herschel

Adventurer
:(
Well I pretty much avoided reading anything about it, yet (except Del Toro's comments after quitting). I cannot help but feel that the reason is nothing but a money grab (see the latest Harry Potter movie). The good thing about this is: I won't be tempted to watch it at the cinema. I'm just going to get the DVDs once both parts are available.

I'm pretty good with the latest Harry Potter Book being made as two movies. Looking at the books themselves they probably should have done the same with Goblet of Fire forward because they had to cut so much out of the book to fit it in to a movie timeframe. While yeah, it's mor emoney it also means they can fill out the story too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases