• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HOLDING the SEVERED HEAD of YSS-FARA

Tom Cashel

First Post
[Thanks for the title, Van!]

You've just slain the Coiled King, Yss-Fara, he who had the blood of dragons in his troglodyte veins.

Now that blood is all over the cavern, and his Court lies strewn about as well.

Discuss.

Van Dyksun

First Post
Cut that head off

Bronn suggested that we carry Yss-Fara's head with us to strike fear in the hearts of the remaining troglydites. I think the soooper-genius had a good idea, there.

We can't take too long here, but let us lay poor Corywn's body out and pray that he will be taken into Selune's bosom.

How is everyone feeling? How injured are we?

Tom Cashel

First Post
Velm:
"I'm not too badly injured. No disrespect to Selune, but let us pray for Corwyn to be taken to the Halls of Warfare to stand beside Tempus. Now--

lops off Yss-Fara's head with his dwarven waraxe--WHOCK

--someone else will have to carry that hideous thing."

Last edited:

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Velm -- I'll take the head. I hope it's one of many I collect when this war is finished. Zandras Winter's is next (although that one I'd like to present to her loving mother).

Yes... perhaps we should be called the Company of the Bison! He fought well, I will summon him again soon.

I'm not injured either.. but I've had some revelations about some new spells. I need a few moments (perhaps 15 minutes) to jot them down. Let's spike the door we came in on... and perhaps the one leading down.

Van: Can you check for traps around those rubies? We may need them to pass one of the tests ("Rubies 3"). Plus, we've got to get something for fighting this battle!

Saeita Nevi

First Post
I'm a little hurt, but more anxious to move forward.
I'm going to search this room for hidden doors and other traps while Bronn writes.

OCC: steps to Yss-Fara's remaining body and pulls out her trusty dagger.

Tom Cashel

First Post
Bronn Spellforger said:
I've had some revelations about some new spells. I need a few moments (perhaps 15 minutes) to jot them down.

Bronn: And yet, scribbling at ferocious speed, it takes you about an hour. :)

Velm: "Actually--" spiking the door shut "--I could use a few shots from that curing wand before we proceed."

Van: You don't find any traps on the throne or on the four tiny rubies. There are many recent tracks going into and out of the staircase.

Saeita: Your trusty dagger is still oh-so-faintly glowing. Hissenspit groans pitifully and scampers to the other side of the cavern.

There aren't any hidden doors in the chamber...just the semi-concealed staircase leading down. It seems to be of dwarven make, but the stone has almost completely covered the entrance.

Last edited:

Van Dyksun

First Post
Velm, would you mind checking these rubies for magic before I dislodge them with my dagger?

I feel that our luck has turned. Selune may have blessed us in more ways than simply bringing our companions back from the dead. I need to contemplate this.

Would someone mind guarding the staircase in case anyone from down there decides to visit Yss-Fara? Roman?

Bronn Spellforger

First Post
Will you two be quiet? I'm trying to scribe here.

By the way, Velm, let me know if you'd like to be polymorphed into a troll. Seriously... you'd be twice as strong.

Remove ads