• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Holiday poll - do you get more or less (roleplaying) gaming done during the holidays?

Do you do get more or less roleplaying done during the holidays?

• MORE! My friends and relatives are all D&D fanatics who like to hang around my house!

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • LESS! My friends have all gone away and my relatives think roleplaying is for losers and Satanists!

Votes: 88 73.3%
  • THE SAME! It all balances out for me.

Votes: 25 20.8%

Kid Socrates

First Post
It's about the same for me -- my girlfriend games, as does my neighbor, so that's one group. With spending time with the families all over the city, though, squeezing the time in is rough. We manage, though.

DonTadow

First Post
Depends on the group. The last two years, we got more because all my players stayed in town and had nothing to do. This year they're all spending time with families so we're on a three week hiatus.

rose4100

First Post
non-existant. I'm home for christmas and my parents/family think anything like D&D or warhammer is for young children only.

"What in J****'s name are you playing make-believe for?! Your 21 for g**'s sakes!" - quote from father.

Qualidar

First Post
Vague Jayhawk said:
Yep, the whole loser and satanist thing. While they sit around and watch NASCAR all day.
:lol: That came perilously close to a "spit water on the keyboard" incident.

I play less during the holidays, but not a whole lot less. What's really going to throw a wrench into the works are the iminent delievery dates for two of my four weekly players' wives: one next week, then another the week after (a third's wife is due in May).

~Qualidar~

Treebore

First Post
rose4100 said:
non-existant. I'm home for christmas and my parents/family think anything like D&D or warhammer is for young children only.

"What in J****'s name are you playing make-believe for?! Your 21 for g**'s sakes!" - quote from father.

Say, exactly, adn as an adult I am doing what I want to do, rather than what others think I should be doing.

I have left both my gaming groups behind in order to go home for Christmas.

I have had plenty of spare time to work on my campaign setting over the holidays, so its not all bad news.

sjmiller

Explorer
It's not cutting into our gaming in the least. We schedule every other week, and it happens that Christmas was an off week. For New Years Eve, we're gaming that day from noon to 6:00pm, then taking a short break and having a party with the gaming group, their spouses, and a bunch of other friends.

Our gaming group, due to many outside obligations, only game every two weeks starting in October and ending in May. We schedule things well in advance, so that holidays and personal conflicts have minimum impact on the game.

Remove ads