OD&D Holmes in shrink with dice on auction to support Darlene the artist, creator of the Greyhawk map.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the situation with Darlene?
Her home is in significant disrepair and she needs major fixes to keep living there.

GreyLord

Legend
WOW. Still that pristine! Who kept theirs still unused!

I already have multiple copies, and I don't use most of them, but I hope that it goes for a pretty penny and helps out.

Sacrosanct

Legend
WOW. Still that pristine! Who kept theirs still unused!
Me, apparently :D I have another, and I've had this one for about 20 years, so it just stayed in my trunk.

It was pointed out to me that some of the copies, even though they had dice in the photo, did not have dice but had chits (5th printing I think). When I originally listed the item I said it has dice and not chits largely based on the photo on the back and the text "includes polyhedral dice". But now I'm not so sure and I can't change the listing. The box sounds like it has dice, but I can't be 100% sure. And I suspect this is a bit of schrodinger's dice. Because who is going to buy this and open it to make sure? I have no idea why someone would buy a sealed shrinkwrapped box and then open it. That...defeats the purpose and value lol.

Marc Radle

Legend
When I got my new box set back when I was a kid, it had the chits and then a coupon you could send in for a free set of dice (apparently there was a temporary supply and demand issue and TSR was having trouble getting enough dice at the time)

Scribe

Legend
Because who is going to buy this and open it to make sure? I have no idea why someone would buy a sealed shrinkwrapped box and then open it. That...defeats the purpose and value lol.

My son, trying to be a good boyfriend, got his GF at the time a shrink wrapped limited edition album, as a collectors piece.

She tore it open in front of him after thanking him and played it. He died a little because the difference between played, and open to sealed untouched was roughly x10. :D

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My son, trying to be a good boyfriend, got his GF at the time a shrink wrapped limited edition album, as a collectors piece.

She tore it open in front of him after thanking him and played it. He died a little because the difference between played, and open to sealed untouched was roughly x10. :D
Yeah definitely the sort of thing you gotta be super clear about before it’s opened.

Remove ads