D&D 5E Homebewed Warlord take 3

Undrave

Legend
Alright, @doctorbadwolf , @Garthanos , @FrogReaver , take 2 on the Rabble Rouser! I'm actually wondering if its TOO strong compared to my other subclasss.... so I've cut off a few odd ends to sort of lower the bar just a notch. I'm also debating if the CHA damage to surprised enemy might not scale that well and that it would be better to just hand out a second Warlord Presence instead? Also, I made the adjustments to the Borderlands Marshal I mentionned previously.

Rabble Rouser

The bandit king who eludes authority, the revolutionary who strikes back at tyrants and the strategist who succeeds while outnumbered, all those leaders embody the tradition of the Rabble Rouser. Able to inspire even the common man to overcome incredible odds, be they a natural obstacle or simply larger number, becomes even more effective when paired with season adventurers.

Your charismatic personality, your way with words and your willingness to use even underhanded tactics make you a natural fit for this role. Being the underdog is no problem for you, its practically a way of life!

Underdog Proficiency

You've learned a few tricks that some might call underhanded and dirty, but for you, they're just a way to level the playing field. Starting when you select this tradition at 3rd level, you gain your choice of proficiency between Stealth, Sleigh of Hand and Deception, or proficiency in either the Thieves' Tools or the Disguise Kit.

Dashing Ambusher

When it comes to combat, the best way to even the odds is to strike first, strike fast, strike hard and then get out of there. You're a master of pressing the advantage at the start of a brawl but also at quick egress from combat. Starting at 3rd level, any allies that gains the benefit of your Warlord Presence gains a bonus to their damage rolls against surprised creatures equal to your Charisma modifier and whenever you use a Shout, you may choose to use your Charisma modifier in place of your Intelligence or Wisdom Modifier. Furthermore, when you use the MOVE! shout, you may select an additional number of allies equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum +1). One of those additional ally can be yourself.

Power of Cooperation

You know the best way to overcome great obstacles is to properly work with your allies. With a few choice words or silent signals, you can impart this lesson on all those around you. Starting at 9th level, whenever a creature that can hear or see you within 60 feet makes an ability check and receives help from another creature using the Help Action, that ally can treat any dice rolls of 7 or lower as an 8.

Rousing Speech

When times are tough and everybody around you is feeling down, it's your duty to raise their spirit up and help them dig deep into reserves they did not know they had. Starting at 13th level, you can take ten minutes to make a speech to rouse your allies. At the end of your speech, any creature of your choice that can hear you recovers spent hit dice until they have a number of hit dice equal to your Charisma modifier, and they regain their lowest level spell slots until they have a total number of spell slots equal to your Charisma modifier. A creature cannot benefit from one of your Rousing Speech again until they have taken a long rest.

Inspiring Shouts

Your strength of personality reaches new height and you can motivate allies with only a few short words heard over the din of battle. Starting at 17th level, you gain the following shouts:
SIZE DOESNT MATTER! Select one ally within 30 feet. That ally can spend their reaction to make a melee weapon attack against every creature that is at least 1 size larger than them that they can reach.
WE NEED YOU! Select one ally with 0 hit points within 30 feet. That ally is automatically considered to have made a successful Death Savng Throw.
WE'RE NOT GIVING UP NOW! Select all allies within 30 feet that are not at full hit points. Those allies gain temporary hit points equal to your level.

Undrave

Legend
We Need You could be an automatic stabilize. It’s level 17. Those shouts feel less than epic tier.

It's an at-will ability that takes less than your full action, and if you get three success you gain 1 HP and wake up, rather than be stabilized. I could always have it remove a failiure at the same time?

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It's an at-will ability that takes less than your full action, and if you get three success you gain 1 HP and wake up, rather than be stabilized. I could always have it remove a failiure at the same time?
The ability doesn’t saying anything about gaining 1 hp if you stabilize.

but at the same time, doing the equivalent of a non-damaging cantrip with part of an action seems fine for a capstone.

as it is written now, it’s the weakest of the three.

Undrave

Legend
The ability doesn’t saying anything about gaining 1 hp if you stabilize.

but at the same time, doing the equivalent of a non-damaging cantrip with part of an action seems fine for a capstone.

as it is written now, it’s the weakest of the three.

For some reason I got confused with the basic stabilize and the rolling a 20 on your death save... How aobut the Shout just makes your next Death Save a 20 or would that be too much?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There was an ability in epic tier of 4e that allowed one to shore up the entire team in a very dramatic way. Just a minute I will find it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My favorite epic Destiny for a Warlord
1586052099561.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Here a rough translation of an Epic Destiny from 4e to 5e.
The first lets the ally spend SOME HD when you use a second wind 5e level 15
The second one basically gives an ally your action surge. 16
One allows a bit of instant rest benefit shenanigans. 5e level 18
And the other allows allies to remain in the fight as long as you are Standing. 5e level 20

Last edited:

Remove ads