D&D 5E Homebrew Jedi-esque Class

TheNoremac42

Explorer
Hey, y'all! I've been working on a sci-fi homebrew for my group, and one of my players asked me to create a Jedi class. The goal was to create a class that wouldn't be railroaded into either Light or Dark side alignments, so I focused on customizeability. This "Star Monk" class (best name I've been able to come up with so far) has two sublcasses: the Knight and the Ritualist. They focus on "Starblade" combat and Spellcasting, respectively. I've taken elements from the Fighter, Monk, and Sorcerer classes for inspiration.

I was hoping I could get some feedback on the mechanics? Here's a link to the Google Doc.

As for the lore... The idea is that the Star Monk is able to tap into the energy of stars and the void between them. Everything is made of star dust, and so they can use "star energy" to manipulate the minds of sentient creatures along with other forces of the universe.

Additionally, this class is supposed to work with Capn Charlie's The Fifth Age, which I have largely based the mechanics of my homebrew off of, so special thanks to him.

Remove ads