D&D 5E Homebrew: New Monster with new race. Is this Challenge 10?

Triumph_Fork

First Post
So I created a monster... and the player's have not faced it yet. It is of an elite soldier of a new race I made called the Votruk. Basically the concept is: They are highly irradiated juggernauts meant for battle and interrogation alongside many foot soldiers. They use a scythe infused with plasma technology for melee as well as a grenade launcher for ranged attacks. The Elite's are hardy and forceful, but lack cunning and spirit.

Note: The Votruk Racial Traits are also included in this stat block.

I'm open to suggestions, thanks!

Votruk Elite: Challenge 10
Elite_Pirate.jpg
Large Aberration, Neutral Evil

AC: 14 (+4 from Ringmail)
HP: 252 (24d10+120)
Speed: 40ft.

StrDexConIntWisCha
23 (+6)7 (-2)21 (+5)9 (-1)12 (+1)7 (-2)

Saves: Strength +10, Constitution +8

Damage Resistances: Radiant, Necrotic
Vulnerabilities: Force
Magical Resistance: Advantage on Int, Wis & Cha saving throws against magic.
Senses: Darkvision 60ft., Devil’s Sight, Passive Perception: 15
Languages: Votruk
Skills: Athletics +14, Perception +5, Intimidation +6

Change Shape: As an action, this creature can cast alter self as the spell. 1/day
Sunlight Sensitivity: Being accustomed to the darkness of space, Votruk aren't used to the sun's rays. They suffer from disadvantage when making attack rolls & Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight if they are – or their target is – in direct sunlight.
Brute: A Votruk Elite’s melee attack deals 1 extra damage die
Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness does not impede the Votruk Elite’s darkvision.

Actions
Multiattack: The Votruk Elite can make 2 melee attacks per round, or use the Grenade Launcher once.

Plasma Scythe: +7 Hit: 18 (5d4+6) plus 22 (4d10) Fire Damage

Grenade Launcher: (40/120ft) Hit: 35 (10d6) Piercing Damage in a 20ft radius spread (DC 15 Dex save for half)

Reactions
Energy Siphon: The Elite holds it’s hand out with glowing force. It casts Shield on itself for 1 round and gets a +5AC bonus and protection from Magic Missiles. (1/day)

Remove ads