Hope Never Dies - Part 1 : On the threshold of dawn

Voadam

Legend
Having learned a little bit about facing uneven odds in his time at hopeless island, if flanked by two on one side and one on the other, Kur will strike the one first to attempt to break the flanking position then face the other two straight on.

Kalanyr

Explorer
George wipes a hand across his brow as the scorching ray goes wide.

"Actually I'd prefer not to fight but you don't seem to like that option."

George casts a Resist Energy (Electricity) spell on himself. If he succeeds a howling wind springs up around partially diverting any electrical spells cast at him.

Lichtenhart

First Post
You focus on the one at your left, the thinner one. With a quick feint, you manage to stab him on his side, but when you try to throw him off balance, he's able to resist your brawn.
He retaliates with his claw and a bite near your neck; had you been slower your throat would have been his (-6 hp). The one that you left behind also bites you on your right shoulder (-2 hp), while the third one makes somes step back and blows in a horn he carries around his neck.
You figure that this must have been some kind of request for help because you suddenly hear many feet and tails splashing in the mud, running in your direction.

Lichtenhart

First Post
"This village is mine."
A brief moment of overconfidence costs you a deep cut on your left arm (-7 hp). The knight must have decided that he won't be beaten by a peasant with a stick.
You are no peasant though, and you're quick to show him: you feint an attack from the left to make him move his sword, and then you strike with decision from above. The knight's legs waver under the violence of your blow.

The disarmed knight jumps from his horse on top of the tribesman, and the two start wrestiling on the ground, while the farmer recovers from the previous blow.

Behind him four knights charges towards you but are stopped by a squad of northern woodsmen that jump upon them from a roof, their axes gleaming, and their powerful bodies covered in tattoos of honor.

At your left, the female knight hurls a black knife at the priest, catching him on his shoulder near the heart, a serious wound. The thurge, though writhing in pain, clutches a crystal he wears hanging around his neck, and as it starts glowing you hear him murmuring at first softly, then more and more aloud something in a language you don't understand. The knights screams, in pain or in terror you can't say, and runs away from the village.

The noises of fight are getting stronger, as if the battle spread all around the village.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
As you dive spiraling down, you notice with dread that the creaure has finished its first meal, and looking around for the second, he noticed you! Immediately you put to fork all the strength of your new shape, but it looks like you can't outswim it!

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
"If you don't want to fight just give up. We both know I'm the strongest."
And as he says so he concentrates, murmurs a quick magical phrase, and he starts to grow, and grow and grow, until he's double you size.
"Don't you agree?" he grins.

Voadam

Legend
Two out of five down, more coming. Time to move on.

Kur makes one improved trip attack (and follow up knife thrust if succesful) and runs off a full increased speed movement, sucking up the AoOs from the remaining one and placing distance between him and his foes before the oncoming ones arrive out of the mist. Thankfully he is in a marsh where the heavy vegetation of the terrain prevents a straight movement charge for them to catch up and strike in one round's worth of movement. The mist will soon provide concealing veil over the orc again.

Kalanyr

Explorer
George sighs, looking at his huge double.

"I've had enough of this."

George goes through the motions of a lightning bolt spell, and the lightning leaps from his finger with a clap of thunder and an increase in humidity.

hafrogman

Adventurer
"Funny, looks to me like this village belongs to them."

Peregrine never takes his eyes off the knight as he speaks. This was beginning to get out of hand. Measures needed to be taken. Laerad lashes out at the night in a lightning fast series of thrusts and swings.

[ooc - flurry of blows, +10/+10, 1d8+3 dmg]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Okay, a hungry dragon sees me as food, but they're smart aren't they? Would it see a human as food?

Saxon swims a bit harder, trying to buy himself time to think.

It's gaining effortlessly, it's definitely going to eat a shark but I may have a chance as a human. Even it it chooses to ignore me the hurricane will probably kill me, go figure. Well, at least I can say I tried.

Saxon releases his shark form and turns around to face the oncoming dragon. He smiles meekly and gives a little wave of greeting, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Remove ads