D&D General Hot Take: D&D Has Not Recovered From 2E to 3.0 Transition

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
again, being good at something doesn't equal being always able to make the check..
When the game is made so that the d20 is more important than most all of the characters abilities and skills and choices that seems to happen a lot more. Bounded accuracy I have heard described as marketing fluff but to me it messed with skillful ability.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
If you want the math to not stay the same, have your high level party continue raiding the same type of goblin dens that they did at low levels. The math will be "different", though I'm not sure how satisfying an experience they'd find it.
My experience is that players do not even look at the math 90 percent of the time... (number pulled from thin air of course as I am not looking at the math )

Last edited:

When the game is made so that the d20 is more important than most all of the characters abilities and skills and choices that seems to happen a lot more. Bounded accuracy I have heard described as marketing fluff but to me it messed with skillful ability.
yeah I think something akin to the rogue's skill mastery spread out would make this better

Remove ads