• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in COSQ: part 4

Dalamar

Adventurer
Torellan quickly inspects the fungi for items of worth, then starts searching the place for signs of the rebels. He keeps a sharp eye on possible other hazards, and makes sure that the black slime isn't coming his way.

Endur

First Post
Nobody in sight on the abandoned warehouse level. Is Torellen heading into any of the warehouses or going down the tunnel towards the Commoner Level?

The black pool of tar does not move. The fungi do not appear to have any items of worth, unless perhaps they are edible.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia allows herself a small smile. Perhaps you were more ambitious than I had thought, sister, she thinks as she dresses. It would be an easy thing to rid yourself of the Matron and have the House for yourself, but now I have returned. She frowns slightly, though, remembering the words of Kripp. I wonder what my sister the emissary received from the fish's master. She studies the trio idly. Aloud she says, "Yes, let us return with all haste to the Matron. We have matters to discuss." She suppresses a shudder and then moves away from Kilcif, attempting to re-assert her dominance.

Seonaid

Explorer
To back up a smidge . . .
Brother Shatterstone said:
Kilcif notes the smack with a growl that sounds more lustful than angered he continues leers down at her but he quickly shakes his head trying to regains his composure as he responds to her demands he seems to lack the usually dislike for authority, “Yes I have armor and even a weapon or two.”

He pulls out a studded leather armor, a buckler, a rapier and a dagger that all seems to be in near flawless shape. He keeps his grip on it as allows her to take it and he speaks in a serious tone, “This is mine and this is above what my contract states I need to do so I’m not doing it for any other reason that I want too.” He smiles friendly like, “Consider it a gift, or a reward, I doubt anyone else in your family could have survived what you have.”

He gives a smile of friendly admiration as he lets the items leave his grip.
Narcelia scowls at Kilcif's reaction, not sure she likes the bugbear's lust or his admiration. She takes the things roughly from his grasp and pulls on the armor with practiced ease. As she works, she softens enough to say, "Thank you," as she straightens from adjusting the lower portions of the leathers. [I will update her character sheet to reflect this new state of being.]

Endur

First Post
In the audience room, Edwin waits patiently for the Matron to respond to his request for the audience to end.

Will this sadistic tyrant of a Matron never make up her mind? I can not believe she would think me a simpleton that would fall for her fake charms or the demon's intimidation. I need to be gone before "Butt Kicking for Goodness!" echoes through this chamber. I can not die a third time to that rodent-loving buffon.

Dariel and Quertus enter the audience hall behind Edwin.

Dariel's hands flash rapidly in drow sign language for the Matron's eyes.

"The Great Web is on Fire."

Endur

First Post
During the Commoner Revolt, a horrible smell came from the black pool of tar. Tierak and Quertus were overcome with illness and vomited all over. They did not recover until they moved some distance away from the black pool of tar.

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
In the audience room, Edwin waits patiently for the Matron to respond to his request for the audience to end.

Will this sadistic tyrant of a Matron never make up her mind? I can not believe she would think me a simpleton that would fall for her fake charms or the demon's intimidation. I need to be gone before "Butt Kicking for Goodness!" echoes through this chamber. I can not die a third time to that rodent-loving buffon.

Dariel and Quertus enter the audience hall behind Edwin.

Dariel's hands flash rapidly in drow sign language for the Matron's eyes.

"The Great Web is on Fire."

ooc: I though the action in this time-frame was suspended until we had finished dealing with the rebellion, otherwise we wouldn't know what kind of forces we have at our disposal.

Xael

First Post
Commoner revolt:

After backing away from the black pool, Quertus starts to look for opportunity to use Disintegrate on the stupid goo. He'll do that as afar from possible.

Audience room:

As Quertus enters the room, he glances at the Red Wizard. He is polite enough not to interrupt the conversation though. When Dariel informs Matron about the fire, Quertus curses inside his mind.

*What now. First the rebellion and now this. I knew that kidnapping Morn would bring trouble.*

He waits for Matron to ansver somebody before saying or doing anything.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
ooc: I think we can safely assume that all PCs survived the commoner rebellion and that you have a single-digit number of vampire flunkies based on the d4 days for new vampire creation.

Serpenteye said:
ooc: I though the action in this time-frame was suspended until we had finished dealing with the rebellion, otherwise we wouldn't know what kind of forces we have at our disposal.

Endur

First Post
Quertus casts a spell that creates a ray of green. The Ray of Green evaporates a small portion of the vast black pool of tar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads