[House Rule] Better Land Druids

Thank Dog

Banned
Banned
The Druid of the Land is severely lacking in both power and flavour. I think a very simple fix that can help this while still not being overpowered, would be to allow a Land Druid to add a new circle at 5th, 7th, 9th & 12th levels. The circles only add to prepared spells but give them greater spellcasting flexibility, which is what the sub-class is meant to be about. It also helps with flavour because instead of being merely an "Arctic" druid, you increase your influence over the various circles and finally become a name-level druid at 12th-level after mastering five circles.

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
The only problem I see, is that a lot of spells prepared may mean too many options. It could grind the game to a halt if the player is overwhelmed with all the different spells they can cast.

erf_beto

First Post
I don't know druids well, but if more than one Circle is a problem, how about "switching" Circles? Perhaps a spell-like ritual during a Long Rest to attune to the land you're currently in? Would be a nice incentive to travel to exotic places (maybe even have custom spell lists based on your campaign - the Mountain of Doom would grant different spells than the Mountain of Peace).

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
I don't know druids well, but if more than one Circle is a problem, how about "switching" Circles? Perhaps a spell-like ritual during a Long Rest to attune to the land you're currently in? Would be a nice incentive to travel to exotic places (maybe even have custom spell lists based on your campaign - the Mountain of Doom would grant different spells than the Mountain of Peace).

Ooh, sounds like fun.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
A Druid may have to have relationship to the spirits of the land, traveling my require a diplomacy check to persuade the spirits in an area to be helpful.

Remove ads