How about your OWN "Dragon" Mag?

the Jester

Legend
While I think it would be a major challenge to make any money to speak of this way, I would love to see it happen and would totally love contributing to it, either fiction or articles or both!

Keep us updated. :cool:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
While I think it would be a major challenge to make any money to speak of this way, I would love to see it happen and would totally love contributing to it, either fiction or articles or both!

Keep us updated. :cool:

"You must spread some points around..." :rant: I haven't XPd you in forever!

But thank you, Jester...for the interest and the sympathies.

PM me with ideas of whatever you would like to write..fiction or articles or both. :)

--SD

keterys

First Post
Apparently the enworld wing of "looking for submissions" is now rpgfreelancer.com, so it may be worth posting what you're looking for there.

Also, if you're closer to a name, mission statement, and coming "soon", RPG Industry forum may be appropriate.

Good luck, at any rate. Not an easy or casual undertaking.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Would there be any content for games other than D&D?

Sure. Some. I'm definitely envisioning a publication that is primarily fantasy-oriented. But other RPGs would be sure to have some spotlight.

For what game were you interested in seeing content?

--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Starting place

So do we have a starting place yet or not

Hey Tad.

The "starting place" right now is...we're starting. hahaha.

I'm calling the magazine, for now, "Under the Table" (UtT)
I currently have commitments for the following contributions:
  • 4e feature piece -new magic items
  • another 4e article -on tips/useful implementation of NPCs
  • a short story/story hour that could develop to an ongoing story (written, IIRC, about a homebrewed 4e group)
  • an ongoing adventure/dungeon (not sure of the system/edition right now, I don't recall)
  • and (something I'm pretty insistant we have and will probably end up writing myself if someone else doesn't want to) an article (possible review?) of the upcoming Goodman Games RPG.

I'm shooting for a mid-late Nov. release for a "Winter" (Dec./Jan./Feb.) release/premiere issue.

Things for the upcoming weeks/months (by or before summer/Memorial Day Weekend)
  • getting a website up and running (at least for more submissions, subscriptions, and "Coming Soon" type stuff).
  • getting in touch with various/multiple gaming companies to discuss/drum up advertising and/or contributions.
  • working out final details for distribution -online subscriptions? Direct mail? On demand printing vs. a set printed run to then be mailed out and/or lining up stores to carry UtT

The real "starting place" as of right now, as I've mentioned throughout this thread, is to PM me with your thoughts/ideas and pitch your article or other contribution you'd be willing to undertake (some editing perhaps?). We'll just take it from there.

Once i have a website set up, then we can just correspond through there. But for now, a PM will do...and I can share my personal email to interact that way also.

Thanks again and hope everyone has a good start to the week.
--Steel Dragons

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Under the Table

Just to throw it out there for all who are (or were) interested in, as well as those who have already offered/I have already spoken with, re: the magazine and/or submitting (articles, art, whatever) that the "Under the Table" project is still in the works.

To offer some sort of timeline:
The magazine will be a quarterly 48 pages.
The premiere issue will be for "Winter 2010" (Dec., Jan., Feb.).

I have a wonderful cover image courtesy of the talented "Weremole" from the most excellent...
EDIT [I'm an IDIOT!!!] www.rpgfreelancer.com that's "DOT COM", folks, NOT "dot net"...oy. Apologies all.

But rpgfeelancer dot COM is a fantastic resource website (if you have any freelancer needs for any of your projects, I highly recommend it!).

The cover has already been commissioned and completed.

I would like to advise anyone interested in submitting (including but not limited to @tadk , @MichaelSomething , @Camelot , @michaeljHanson, @LordZack, @Ydars , and @amnuxoll )...I would like to see preliminary drafts of submissions by August 1st, please.

If you have or can get art for your respective pieces, please submit those as well, though if you don't, no worries. Just be aware that I will need time to either create or commission some art to go with it (anything a full opage or more needs SOME kind of art, IMHO) So if you have some thoughts of images that would be good for your piece, but no way to create or get it on your own, just let me know.

Anyone interested in advertising, for WHATEVER your business, please feel free to contact me and I would like all submissions of ads to be available no later than the end of Sept. (A media kit is being compiled that I can send you via email, just hit me up with your email address. Though I am certainly not opposed to setting up "ad swap" agreements with those interested in that kind of arrangement...you know who you are :).

The website is in the starting stages, so for now, all interested parties and submissions, can be sent to me directly at cnjdragon@gmail.com

I'm looking at the beginning of September to have a live site for submissions, subscriptions, and all of Under the Table's needs.

Again, I thank everyone for their interest and generous participation. I look forward to this opportunity for making a thorough, useful and above all FUN publication for us all.

Cheers and good weekends to you all.
--Steel Dragons
Publisher, Under the Table

Last edited:

Remove ads