How are the enworlds ads suitable for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

@IvyDragons Maybe it would help if you understood about how digital advertising works. It's not up to ENWorld to really decide what ads get placed on its site. Yes, Morrus does have a little bit of control, but not explicitly like you might hope. Also as pointed out by others, the ads you see have more to do with your personal browsing history. If you don't want to see a type of ad, then either get an ad blocker, browse privately, or don't browse sites related to what you don't want to see

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Others have already explained it, but digital ads are generated by google/facebook/etc (not websites) basesed on an information trove that sounds straight up tinfoil hat conspiracy theory levels if described. Rather than describe it I'll show a recent example

Plus a related example from like fifteen years ago where target started predicting pregnancy before the family knew..

Not only are everyone's ads their own fault, or the fault of someone they share a computer with, they are the result of Google having a better understanding of you than you yourself probably have on the topic of self understanding.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not only are everyone's ads their own fault, or the fault of someone they share a computer with, they are the result of Google having a better understanding of you than you yourself probably have on the topic of self understanding.
Not entirely. There’s something else going on. Maybe some kind of randomizer. I get ads in languages I don’t speak for products I don’t have any need for and have never searched for. Not always, but often enough to be noticeable.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Not entirely. There’s something else going on. Maybe some kind of randomizer. I get ads in languages I don’t speak for products I don’t have any need for and have never searched for. Not always, but often enough to be noticeable.
Or........ maybe it's picking up on a secret past life you don't even know about! I bet you were an international spy, but you got too deep so you had to hypnotize yourself and assume a new identify... Code: Dannyalcatraz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases