How are the enworlds ads suitable for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You could buy some ad space on ENworld yourself? Is that even an option???
Yes it is. The company that can help you is called Gamerati.
Things can get a little creepy, because these systems often make assumptions. They can tell that my wife and I live together. So, if she does online shopping for clothing, I can start getting ads for women's undergarments. And right now, she's seeing ads for faucets just like I am.
It tracks you by your public IP address. Therefore everyone in your own household is sort of lumped into the same profile. Some of the more advanced algorithms can identify the number of people in a household based upon the characteristics, but the adds can only be served by public IP, so they can not (generally) distinguish between a web session of your, or your wife's. So, you all get ads related to what the other as been looking at :)

So yea, I now when my wife has been shopping at Pottery Barn!

darjr

I crit!
Yes it is. The company that can help you is called Gamerati.

It tracks you by your public IP address. Therefore everyone in your own household is sort of lumped into the same profile. Some of the more advanced algorithms can identify the number of people in a household based upon the characteristics, but the adds can only be served by public IP, so they can not (generally) distinguish between a web session of your, or your wife's. So, you all get ads related to what the other as been looking at :)

So yea, I now when my wife has been shopping at Pottery Barn!
And cookies... and "other" things. It's far more sophisticated than many people realize. For instance the sites you go to are used to help build a thumbprint of you and it's kinda good enough to tell different people apart even on the same ip number. And it's also often complete crap.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Assassins advertise their services???
Yes , I assume that with all the Property investment and stockbrokers Coming up I’ll soon be buying my own island fortress and will hire some assasins to ensure the city council grants me consent to build a giant laser

Jer

Legend
Supporter
The only
If you don't want to see a type of ad, then either get an ad blocker, browse privately, or don't browse sites related to what you don't want to see
Or become a supporter! If you don't want to see ads, pay for the content so the site owners don't need the ad money to keep the hamsters running the servers stocked up on hamster chow.

(I've only been a supporter for a few months and I have to be honest - I forgot the site had ads on it other than the Level Up link over on the right).

darjr

I crit!
The only

Or become a supporter! If you don't want to see ads, pay for the content so the site owners don't need the ad money to keep the hamsters running the servers stocked up on hamster chow.

(I've only been a supporter for a few months and I have to be honest - I forgot the site had ads on it other than the Level Up link over on the right).
But how will I know what personally inappropriate things I've been searching for?

Sacrosanct

Legend
"Honey, what are all these NSFW ads on our computer?"
"I have no idea! Must be Morrus's fault!"

These are the ads I see (along with Adobe ads, which makes a lot of sense)

1650131662823.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases