• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Katana_Geldar

First Post
I have about three different systems that I play or run: Star Wars Saga, Paranoia and D&D 4E. The majority of my books are D&D, really because the others require less and I have lots of Star Wars PDFs. I also have a few Paranoia adventures as well as D&D ones.
I also have two 2nd Edition sourcebooks (fantastic for roleplaying), a printed PDF of the original Tomb of Horrors.

I know you didn't want to talk about minis, but I have the D&D ones as it was rather pointless getting SW ones as another guy has them and brings them when we play.

Mercurius

Legend
Huw, there is no shame in being Colossal ;).

Katana, I'm happy to hear about minis and such, I just didn't want them to be included in the poll.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Call me Colossal!

The collection fills 3 6"+ bookcases (with more stcked on top), a few 5' tall Elfa carts, and a collection of Dragon dating back to #44 up to the last physical issue in nice plastic tubs.

And that's after selling off some stuff.

Treebore

First Post
I know I am in excess of 600. Judging by looking at what I am not counting there is a very good chance I might break 1,000. I never get rid of any RPG stuff, but I also have plenty of book shelves and 50 gallon storage bins.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Small. :blush: :eek:

I've got the core rules for a handful of systems, a few old adventures and a handful of supplements. I'm pretty bare bones.

Really, I hardly use the stuff anymore. In the last several years, I've relied almost exclusively on online content and a handful of pdfs. Moving and traveling around so much has necessitated that.

karlindel

First Post
My collection is Gargantuan. I have a 6' x 4' book shelf full of books. The five shelves are filled with RPG books (with a little room on a couple of the shelves). Each shelf has about a hundred books, with the 4e D&D shelf being slightly lower due to the hardbacks and the 3e D&D shelf being a bit higher due to paizo modules and softcover supplements.

Here are the systems that take up more than 1/3 of a shelf (and combined make up about 3/4 of the collection):
Ars Magica
Deadlands
Fading Suns
D&D (3e and 4e can each make the cut on their own)
HERO (including Champions)
Shadowrun
TORG
Warhammer (if you combine 2e and the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Boxed Set)

Stormonu

Legend
Colossal.

I had to build a database to keep from buying duplicates. As of my last update to the DB (which I stopped updating shortly before 4E), I have 1,246 products for D&D - and I need to add in a good bit for PF & some 4E. This doesn't count Dragon or Dungeon magazine, which I have stretching back to #98 on Dragon and all but #1 for Dungeon. As best as I am able, I have a complete collection of 1E & 2E products (thank you, ebay!). I've got all the official D&D products for 3E up to the time the DMG2 came out, and then sporatic after that, and I bought up all the OGL/d20 material I could find before 3.5 came out (the only thing I didn't keep was my Fast Forward Entertainment books) - it started getting sporadic after 3.5.

Nor does this count my non-D&D RPGs, which take up 3 1/2 six foot tall bookshelves (after pruning). Mostly L5R, 7th seas, d20 modern/compatible systems, Star Wars (back to West End days), Star Trek, Deadlands, Twilight 2000, Gamma World, Star Frontiers and other bits and pieces of game systems (had the whole oWoD line before I parred down to just the rulebooks alone).

(This photo was from a few years ago, and does not show the bookshelves that line the left and right walls).

101_0354.jpg

Remove ads