• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I voted Huge. I'm over 450 physical books, boxed sets, and other references. And I didn't include my DRAGON and DUNGEON Magazines, which will put me way over 500.

I do need a room. I wish it was possible but not right now.

The scary part is that I continue to buy more gaming books. :eek:

Knightfall's Roleplaying Game Collection List

Last edited:

Dark Mistress

First Post
I vote the 100-300 though I might be over that. Not positive. Though to be fair I sold virtually all my old early 2e, AD&D and OD&D stuff around 2002 and bought a really nice car with the money. I had like 400-500 things I sold.

Orius

Legend
Medium. I know it's somewhere in the 20-100 range. Mostly just the core 2e and 3.0 books, with an extensive collection of 2e splats and generic suppliments, a good chunk of the Planescape line, a handful of 3.0 releases and about 4-5 years worth of Dragon issues from the end of 2e.

GreyLord

Legend
I voted Huge. I'm over 450 physical books, boxed sets, and other references. And I didn't include my DRAGON and DUNGEON Magazines, which will put me way over 500.

I do need a room. I wish it was possible but not right now.

The scary part is that I continue to buy more gaming books. :eek:

Knightfall's Roleplaying Game Collection List

This was part of my thoughts, am I one of the few with a colossal collection only including books? (you start with mags and it gets astronomical, not just dragon and dungeon, but white dwarf and others as well!)

Argyle King

Legend
I think I'd be in the colossal category.

I have multiple foot lockers of D&D 3.5 books packed away in one of my closets. When 4E came out, I picked up a small handful of books; I'd say I have around ten. I then started learning AD&D, so I have a few books for that. Finally, there are my GURPS 4E Books; I've started to amass a collection which is very quickly building. I've also started picking up quite a few GURPS 3E books; it's fairly easy to convert between the two editions.

Redcrow

First Post
I've probably sold or given away well over 1000+ rpg books over the years. Nowadays the bulk of my rpg collection is in pdf form and I probably have only around 100 physical books. Although if I counted pdfs my collection would quite easily be in the 1000+ range again.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This was part of my thoughts, am I one of the few with a colossal collection only including books? (you start with mags and it gets astronomical, not just dragon and dungeon, but white dwarf and others as well!)
Nah, mine is colossal before adding in the magazines...and minis, boardgames multiple battlemaps and 2 trunks containing the M:tG cards that are not currently in decks- adding that stuff back in gets me into the stupidiculous range.

Most of my gaming collection is housed in a 450 sq. ft. secondary upstairs den, across from the bulk of my 5K+ CD collection...and my sci-fi/fantasy novels (another few thousand books).

Treebore

First Post
Although if I counted pdfs my collection would quite easily be in the 1000+ range again.

I have never counted my PDF's, I only know I cannot back them up to a 16 GB memory stick, I am 4 Gig over. So I backed most of it up to the memory stick, and then saved the rest to CD's.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I've no idea how much gype I've got around here. I'd guess in the 200-300 range, not including: minis, accessories (e.g. props, cards, etc.), stuff I wrote myself, and .pdfs (though I only have a dozen or so of those in any case).

At a complete guess: about 100 Dragon/Dungeon magazines, about 70 adventure modules, 35 or so hardcover books, 15 or so softcover books, 15 box sets, 0 space.

Lan-"and hundreds of minis; they multiply in the dark"-efan

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
At my last count I'd been at 476 or so ... and that was 13 years ago. This puts me in the Gargantuan class, but doesn't include magazines. With some 150 Dragon and 100 Dungeon issues I must be scraping Colossal.

My RPG stuff shares our game archive room, residing on two shelves with five floors each, standing in double rows.

Remove ads