• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

I voted Large (100-300), but I think that if I include Dragon and Dungeon magazines then I'm actually in the Huge (300-500) category.

I've got about a dozen AD&D books, a dozen WotC 3.0E books, around 40 or so WotC 3.5E books, 70-ish Dungeon issues, 50-ish Dragon issues, 70-ish d20 or OGL books, 25 Paranoia books, 15 Feng Shui books, 15 Pathfinder books and maybe another half-dozen miscellaneous RPG books.

On top of that is a couple of thousand D&D prepainted minis, around 50 metal minis, around 20 packs of Dungeon Tiles, 20-ish sets of Dice and 30-ish D&D themed comic books.

Of course, if you look at PDF's (which I often buy instead of print products, to save on shipping costs to Australia) then you can probably close to double my numbers. It would definitely be the case if you counted the Dragon Magazine CD Archive as 250-odd separate products!

It gets a little scary once you actually stop to count them all. My wife would probably be thinking "Garage Sale" if I actually told her just how many books I own! I have, at least, slowed down my purchases since 4E came out, basically just taking advantage of super-sales and rounding out my 3.xE collection. I'd probably have at least another dozen books in the collection if I was playing 4E

I don't plan on paring my collection down by any significant amount any time soon though (much to my wife's disappointment :D). In fact, for my 30th birthday I have asked for a bookcase, just so I can better house a lot of my RPG books!

Olaf the Stout

Ulrick

First Post
I have around 500 RPG books, magazines, modules, boxed sets, etc. This doesn't count the 2,000+ miniature collection and terrain I have for both D&D, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, and historical wargaming.

Yet it would be larger. But I sell things off from time to time (especially when moving day approaches). I used to have a large World of Darkness collection. But since I hardly ever played WoD, I sold it. A lot of 3rd party D&D stuff went by the wayside too. I bought and sold 4e stuff within 6 months. I'd probably purge by Star Wars d6 stuff if it weren't so sentimental.

So many books, so little time.

Yet to each his own...

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
At one time, it was Colossal. Now it's Medium. It will probably be small by the end of the year. I realized a while back that:

A. I was never going to play all of the games that I had accumulated.
B. Most role playing games aren't actually worth much as collectibles.

This being the case, my Colossal collection was more a testament to wasted money than anything else. In the future, I plan to spend my money more productively.

1st edition
2nd edition
3rd edition
4th edition

Torg
Champions
Rifts
CoC

metal figures
plastic figures
toys

dragon magazine
dungeon magazine
white dwarf magazine

dungeon tiles
battle mats
maps

trading cards

movies
cds

yeah.... fairly sure I'm up there. :erm:

Mercurius

Legend
Wow...41 Colossal Collections and counting. I knew these folks were out there, but I didn't realize how many: 25% of the 167 votes so far. Yeah, I know that is a small sample size, but I was expecting a larger percentage in the Large-to-Gargantuan range. It makes me, with a Huge collection, feel rather humble ;).

I probably should have clarified no magazines or novels, but I guess there is nothing wrong with counting those. Where before I was teetering between Large and Huge, my box of old Dragon magazines puts me squarely into Huge.

I have approximately 140 books. Some of my Exalted and Ars Magica books are currently on loan. I have sold some of my Mage: The Ascension, Vampire: The Masquerade, Stargate: the RPG and my Exalted 1E collection. If I hadn't have sold those, I think my collection would be more on the order of 200 books. Damn.

I store them on a bookshelf next to my computer, out of the way of my wife.

freebfrost

Explorer
Colossal D&D collection.

1453 books, boxed sets, and modules - all OD&D through 3.5. Not including the magazines, D&D board games, stickers, coloring books, etc. or non-D&D items.

Remove ads