• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Wow...41 Colossal Collections and counting. I knew these folks were out there, but I didn't realize how many: 25% of the 167 votes so far. Yeah, I know that is a small sample size, but I was expecting a larger percentage in the Large-to-Gargantuan range. It makes me, with a Huge collection, feel rather humble ;)..

I figured a more balanced grouping also. But then again.... I'm not that surprised...

I probably should have clarified no magazines or novels, but I guess there is nothing wrong with counting those. Where before I was teetering between Large and Huge, my box of old Dragon magazines puts me squarely into Huge.

Even without those I suspect I'm over the thousands. The magazines sometimes have more usable stuff within them than a few of the books I've gotten over the years. As for the novels.... Darksun I reread all the 2e novels several times and entered them into my timetable. I have a general idea of when Rikus fought Hamanu in Urik and when Agis fought a charmed giant and when Pavek tried to kill himself before Hamnanu came for him. They have as much campaign ideas / material as many accessory books.

Its all about how you use them.

I have roughly 1800 RPG books, about 850 periodicals and exactly 5762 minis.

But surprisingly few dice. I still use my original set of dice dating back to about 1985.

DICE!

30 sets......

Players hate it when I pull out the red pearled dice.... my first set. They roll well when I need them to. ;)

Treebore

First Post
Last time I counted dice I had over 1285 of them. It looked to me like I had at least 200 more to go. I have bought over 300 dice since then, so I might have over 2,000 dice. I am very close to that if not there.

Miniatures I do not have a lot of. I might break 200. I went the token route. They take up much less space. Tokens I have thousands of, mostly because I ran several mass battles, so I needed a lot, even as units rather than singles.

I own 253 games. It doesn't include pdfs of various things I own. There's a few things that I haven't gotten around to adding, but it's at least confirmed at 253+ :)

rpg.net actually has a thing where you can tap into their rpg index. My list is here:
Scurvy_Platypus Game Collection - RPGnet RPG Game Index

Having a list like this is handy... if something ever happens to your collection and you've got insurance, it's awfully nice to be able to simply hand it over.

Plus, it's sort of the rpg equivalent of dogs sniffing each other... "Hey dude..." *sniff* *sniff* "Ooooh. Nice. I see you've got Talislanta." *sniff* *sniff* "And... Battlelords of the 23rd Century? Interesting."

spades1013

First Post
DSC01241.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

No idea exactly how many. I'd guess I rank either Gargantuan or Colossal.

Remove ads