How big is your RPG collection?

How big is your RPG collection?

• Colossal - 1,000+ products....yes, people like me really do exist

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Gargantuan - 500-1,000....I need a room (and might have one)

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Huge - 300-500....I'm your garden-variety pseudo-collector

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Large - 100-300....I guess this isn't just a passing phase?

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Medium - 20-100....a solid, playable, collection

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Small - 5-20 - i'm a minimalist

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Tiny - <5 - just the basics

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • None - Who am I and why am I here?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
My physical collection is merely Huge but my PDF collection is Colossal. It's amazing how many products I have bought from OBS over the years plus I have every book in my physical collection backed up as a PDF copy.

I must admit, I rarely use physical books these days. Most of my PDFs are at least OCR in quality so it's simply faster to use search to find what I need. That and the fact that I run 4E and use the DDi tools.

DM Howard

Explorer
My collection is very small now. I've gotten rid of the books that just sit on my shelf never cracked even for inspiration. Mainly play Traveller and Pathfinder these days and for Pathfinder all I have physically is the core rulebook.

Talmek

Explorer
My collection hasn't shrunk appreciably in the FIVE YEARS since I last posted in this thread. ;)

And it has started to grow again since the release of Numenera and its related products. Have some SW products on my radar. Yes, I also intend to get at least the Big 3 D&D books, too.

And with that...I have become the most powerful necrothreadmancer in the WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My collection hasn't shrunk appreciably in the FIVE YEARS since I last posted in this thread. ;)

And it has started to grow again since the release of Numenera and its related products. Have some SW products on my radar. Yes, I also intend to get at least the Big 3 D&D books, too.

Considering a year in Internet time is like an eon of real time, this is like the ancient Egyptians showing up and saying "Our pyramids haven't shrunk appreciably in the last five millennia".

Agemegos

Explorer
Considering a year in Internet time is like an eon of real time, this is like the ancient Egyptians showing up and saying "Our pyramids haven't shrunk appreciably in the last five millennia".

Except that the Pyramids have shrunk in the last five millennia, owing to their use as quarries to provide building material for Cairo.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
He did qualify that with "appreciably".

...just like my collection went from over 100 different RPGs to just under 70, but is now growing again.

delericho

Legend
My best guess is around 500 (physical) items - all those Pathfinder, Dragon, and Dungeon issues quickly add up! Though I haven't done an exact count in many years.

One thing I do know, though, is that I spent some significant time over the weekend boxing up about half of it, because the shelves on which they were stored had collapsed under the weight. (Shockingly, my efforts to repair those shelves had failed utterly - possibly something to do with my utter lack of DIY skills.)

Remove ads