How can a Fighter get Stoneskin?

vhailor

First Post
Does anyone know what steps I have to take (Replace Powers and choose Feats), so my Fighter can use the Stoneskin Utility?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Does anyone know what steps I have to take (Replace Powers and choose Feats), so my Fighter can use the Stoneskin Utility?

Take the Wizard Multiclass, and then the feat that allows you to swap out a Fighter Utility for a Wizard one. Not sure of the levels, however, so I'm sure someone with better access to the books can give a fuller answer.

Zhure

First Post
1- Take Arcane Initiate at some point at level 14 or before (need Int 13+).

2- Take Adept Power at some point, probably level 16 or higher.

3- Profit.
Z

vhailor

First Post
I should be more specific. If I have already taken the three feats that allow me to replace a power for another of the second class, is there another way to gain Stoneskin?

At 11 level if you don't have all three mutliclass wizard feats, can you still choose to take powers from the second class (In this case wizard)?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I should be more specific. If I have already taken the three feats that allow me to replace a power for another of the second class, is there another way to gain Stoneskin?

At 11 level if you don't have all three mutliclass wizard feats, can you still choose to take powers from the second class (In this case wizard)?
You can swap your Utility power for Stoneskin, but you can't have more than one Wizard Utility power unless you:
1/ Take the Paragon Multiclass replacement (and don't, it's bad); or
2/ Take the Eternal Seeker Epic Destiny (this is a decent option).

Cheers, -- N

Mr. Teapot

First Post
If you already took the multiclass into Wizard and took the Utility power as something else, you would need to swap that Utility power back to a Fighter power and swap the appropriate level Fighter power for Stoneskin. You do both swaps when you next level. Or wait until Epic for Eternal Seeker (as mentioned).

If you already multiclassed into something other than wizard, you need to wait until Epic and take Eternal Seeker.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Why is the Multiclass replacement bad?
Thanks
You lose:
- Action point bonus
- 11th level Paragon bonus (one or two nice things)
- 16th level Paragon bonus (one nice thing)

You gain:
- Switch one of your At-Will powers

The powers are basically a wash, though in many instances the Paragon Path powers are quite good.

So you have to look at whether getting to switch an At-Will power is worth 3-4 nice things. IMHO, it never is, not even for awesome At-Wills like Twin Strike or Righteous Brand.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads