• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How did you get started playing??

johnsemlak

First Post
Memories

I got the Red Basic set for either Christmas or my birthday when I was 9 or 10. From my Grandmother, I think. I started playing with my mother, then my best friend, and so on.

Eternalknight

First Post
Funny story. I went to a gaming store with the express purpose of buying my first set of Magic cards... but the lure of the books tempted me... The rest is history.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Deadguy said:
Wow this really brings back memories! I haven't thought about this in YEARS!! Thanks for reminding me Baraendur. :)

No problem. D&D was one of the things that made my young life interesting, so its always cool to hear how other people happened upon the hobby.

I had a friend that I played D&D with during a couple of off years where I didn't know anybody else that played and we ended up in a lot of those one on one sessions. You are right that in those cases you do end up being pretty loose with the rules, especially when you don't know them that well to begin with.I still remember my half elf fighter/thief who had single handedly killed at least a dozen dragons :p

Remove ads