How different is the story from 3.5 to 4e?

mattdusty

Explorer
Hi all,

My group played WOTBS from Book 1 all the way to Book 8 before we had to stop due to the group separating for over a year. So we ended that campaign with the "return of the jedi" like ending, but i threw in some stuff from Book 12 - mainly the big war and battle with Leska section....and Book 10.....Trilla needed an ending and I just threw them to the palace of Freedom before the main war started.

Anyway, our group has reformed and would like to retry WOTBS again....yes it was that good. But, I kinda would like some different stuff from the campaign this time around - different sub-quests, new NPCs, ect. (I really don't have time to sit and create them myself). I'm under the impression that the 4e WOTBS has all of this new stuff included in it, right? Do the new books include plots, sub-plots, and characters that aren't from the original 3.5 series? Would it be in my interest to buy the 4e version that has the new story stuff/quests in it or should i just dust off the 3.5 ones and run with that? Also, much to my dismay, my group does NOT play 4e and never will...... Anything I use, I'll have to convert to Pathfinder. Any thoughts?

Remove ads