How do I? Looking for a rule

LostSoul

Adventurer
What about taking an object off of a monster?
e.g. A monster has a necklace that makes it a monster, take it off and save the person.

You have to do something like this in Heathen.

How do I do it?

Describe your action to the DM. Tell him what your PC wants to do. He should resolve it in whatever way works best for your group.

The DM's guidelines can be found on page 42. I like James McMurray's ruling, personally.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
How do I take something off another character in 4e?
See the Pick Pocket use of Theivery. Alternatively, your DM can improvise a method based upon page 42 of the DMG.
And as well how do you sunder in 4e?

Pages Please
Either by making the object unattended or by some improvised ruling determined by your DM (see DMG, adjudicating actions, page 42, for details).

Like LostSoul, I think that James McMurray's ruling is pretty good.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Describe your action to the DM. Tell him what your PC wants to do. He should resolve it in whatever way works best for your group.

The DM's guidelines can be found on page 42. I like James McMurray's ruling, personally.

This has been answered. It's a Thievery (pick pocket) check with a -10 penalty.

Khime

Explorer
This has been answered. It's a Thievery (pick pocket) check with a -10 penalty.
Pick Pockets has the inherent objective of taking the object without the creature being aware of the theft, and this is reflected in the DC. Trying to take something when you don't care if the target knows or not means he is probably actively defending himself, hence the suggested alternatives.

renau1g

First Post
For Sundering, I'm kind of glad sundering is gone. It was silly for many reasons - no one in their right mind is going to sunder a magic weapon, and the whole concept is kind of odd. I swing my giant piece of metal at your giant piece of metal - and yours breaks! Bwahaha!

Well, I'm no physics expert or anything, but if you headbutt somebody with your bony forehead against their bony forehead, they are the ones who end up on the wrong side of the equation... maybe the extra force you bring to the blow damages their weapon? Also, I could see a warhammer snapping a rapier pretty easily.

Remove ads