Planescape How do people play these days?

TheHand

Adventurer
When the Pandemic hit, I transitioned my live Planescape game over to Roll20, but we used Discord for voice. I ended up running a Planescape-flavored interpretation of Descent into Avernus. Even though we have resumed live games, the convenience of short online sessions wound up in me running 2 PS campaigns, with different parties (though individual characters have bounced back and forth between them). In person we meet 1 time a month if lucky, but can game much more frequently online.

Most of my resources are things I've cobbled together from online sources over the years and hand-converted materials from ye olde 2nd edition physical copies (we're playing 5th, though we did play a heavily modified 4e years ago. The game has been more-or-less going for 10 years now).

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Regarding the virtues of Roll20, a lot of folks use it because:

• Basic functionality is free for everyone
  • Runs in-browser (don't need to download any software)
  • Marketplace has all the official WotC adventures pre-packaged (for those who want them)

Most folks, however, when using Roll20 don't rely on Roll20's video/audio interface, but instead deactivate it and use Zoom or Discord instead (more reliable).

jgsugden

Legend
Roll20 is my choice for an online option, but note that WotC is devising their own 3D online tabletop (in theory).

You can look for open games there to try to find one that suits your preferences, but I suggets going back to your roots. If yuo had good experiences there, look for contact info for the people that shred those experiences. You might be able to gether a few of them to create what you want, or you might find one looking for a solid player to join their established group. Finding a 100% solid group while starting with no player base can be tough. I always try to go back and find the people that really linked up to the ideas I want to explore.

My group uses discord for audio, Roll20 for maps and tokens, and D&D Beyond for character sheets. There's a Chrome extension called Beyond20 that sends dice rolls in D&D Beyond over to Roll20 that we use.

Remove ads