How do you, as a PC, prep for your next game?

How do you, as a PC, prep for your next game?

• Read the rules

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Read other RPGs for ideas

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Read fiction

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Update my character sheet numbers

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Update my character's fluff (description/history/plans)

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Play video games (bonus for in-character)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Listen to motivational music (not Eye of the Tiger)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch related TV shows/movies

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sharpen my LARP weapons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Listen to RPG podcasts

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Not a gods-damned thing

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
There's really nothing for me to do in-between sessions. I DM more than I play, so I tend to know the rules pretty well and can look up what I'm unsure about when I'm not active or it's not my turn. When we level up, we do all the number changing at the end of the session before we log off of Zoom. We all take notes, but one of us is REALLY good at it and he recaps the last session at the beginning of the next one, so no studying is needed.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I practice speaking in my character's voice, saying things he or she would say, usually alone in my car.

I like to draw a picture of my character, although that only needs to he done once.
I think these count as updating fluff. They pay big dividends for everyone in the game (unless your character's voice is really annoying). I like to hear about another PC's loadout and appearance, but a picture really helps that character come to life.

aco175

Legend
If I play a caster I like to print out the spells on another sheet of paper, or recently (4e) I would make spell cards and have them in a binder.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I review my notes from the previous session, possibly other sessions as well.

I'm honestly surprised that isn't an option on the poll. I would have thought it would be in the top three answers.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Other: Review notes from previous session so I'm up to speed.

(Plus the take care of bookkeeping option.)

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
33 voters in, and no LARPers yet.

I'll clarify at this point: Update Character Fluff should include reviewing your session notes, because what are your session notes besides your character's memory? (Votes can be changed.)

A good candidate for the Other category: conspire against the GM. Planning for in-game events is still Character Fluff (something your characters could do). But if your discussion sounds like, "she's been talking about a vampire show lately, and I still haven't used my feat from my last level-up. Do you think I should take Holy Avenger? Let's bring some garlic to the meeting with the 'town elder,' just in case," you've done some conspiring.

Remove ads