How Do You Get in to Character? [ was "Character Totems"]

Inez Hull

First Post
A couple months ago we were playing in Warhammer's Old World and all our characters had hammy euro accents. The accent warmup session before we started play each session was priceless.

Dire_Groundhog

First Post
I have a brand new character, we have only played once, but my totem item is central to his being.

Oddvar is a simpletonmonk with a very low intelligence. He depends heavily on the teachings of the masters to navigate the complex issues he encounters in everyday life. So I keep a small pocket copy of Tao De Ching on hand. It is uncanny how there always seems to be a passage or phrase handy to call on in any in game situation.

The simple, unarguable wisdom has been proven invaluable already, after just a single session.

I find myself carrying the book around with me at all times, cracking it open and reading a chapter or two. One even inspired me to create a monk feat.

hammymchamham

First Post
I'm in two RP groups, and one other guy is in both groups. I get in charecter by talking to him, and slowly just get back into it. It works really well for one of the groups, since i play a svirfneblin and he plays a LN drow

Sito Rotavele

First Post
Sialia said:
Any chance you'd spill about which theme songs you use for which characters, Sito?

Only two worth considering, really:

Claris, a cleric/monk devoted to the God of Vengeance - always used "Stars" from Les Mis, the song where javert vows to hunt down Val Jean. The best line in ther for Claris is when javert compares the stars to silent unwaving sentinels. Sigh.

And then there's Tamemo, a cleric devoted to the God of Money. Or really, a cleric devoted to bilking every sentient being he meets, and talking his way out of even the deepest trouble. I always liked to listen to "Razzle Dazzle" from Chicago before playing Tamemo. Surprised, Si?

Last edited:

Remove ads