How do you handle evil?

Well how do you handle it?

• I'm okay with players choosing any alignment.

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • I think players who choose an evil alignment are edgelords/wangrods.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I don't understand how a player can make an evil character with in my campaign.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Evil? I think evil is so fun I've made evil campaigns set in mostly evil worlds.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I throw up my hands at alignment because the players are all murderhobos anyways.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I just don't find evil all that fun.

Votes: 38 54.3%

Scruffy nerf herder

Toaster Loving AdMech Boi
I for one loved Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin!

Oh it wasn't Ben's fault. They just completely threw what seemed like 100% of the details about Mandarin out the window.

He's not a super genius of biological science who creates villains. That's the perfect foil for Iron Man, not whatever the heck that was. I can forgive them not making him Chinese, showing his little island country, etc., but they basically sent the message that they couldn't care less about what Mandarin even is or does.

Edit: frankly, that's when MCU lost me. They're making Marvel way too Hollywood, turning nice juicy steaks into flavorless hamburgers.

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Edit: frankly, that's when MCU lost me. They're making Marvel way too Hollywood, turning nice juicy steaks into flavorless hamburgers.
I see that quite differently. By developing over a shorter span and with tighter time restrictions, the MCU versions are much more focused and flavorful compared to decades of content that, while occasionally extremely good, is often contradictory and meandering. I can't even follow the X-books any more, they're so convoluted.

Scruffy nerf herder

Toaster Loving AdMech Boi
I see that quite differently. By developing over a shorter span and with tighter time restrictions, the MCU versions are much more focused and flavorful compared to decades of content that, while occasionally extremely good, is often contradictory and meandering. I can't even follow the X-books any more, they're so convoluted.

There are definite pros and cons. MCU doesn't meander around and the comics are a contradictory mess.

But Mandarin was a perfect example of Hollywood minded people saying "all of these good and extremely important and fun details about the character are going out the window". It's using fidelity for toilet paper there wasn't even the suggestion that Mandarin actually creates villains, you know, the entire point of his character, lol, Spiderman bad guys, X-Men bad guys, etc.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
There are definite pros and cons. MCU doesn't meander around and the comics are a contradictory mess.

But Mandarin was a perfect example of Hollywood minded people saying "all of these good and extremely important and fun details about the character are going out the window". It's using fidelity for toilet paper there wasn't even the suggestion that Mandarin actually creates villains, you know, the entire point of his character, lol, Spiderman bad guys, X-Men bad guys, etc.
See, this just fills me with schadenfreude. I thought them throwing a big change-up like that was a lot of fun.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Don't want to be led anywhere by you, just refuting your claim that I need to read 48 years worth of comics to assess a character from a TV show.
You don't. You're free to assess the fake Hollywood punisher all you want, including calling a serial murderer neutral instead of the evil that he is. You just aren't assessing The Punisher.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
You don't. You're free to assess the fake Hollywood punisher all you want, including calling a serial murderer neutral instead of the evil that he is. You just aren't assessing The Punisher.
Been there done that. Fake hollywood Punisher is best Punisher.

Remove ads