How do you handle evil?

Well how do you handle it?

• I'm okay with players choosing any alignment.

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • I think players who choose an evil alignment are edgelords/wangrods.

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I don't understand how a player can make an evil character with in my campaign.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Evil? I think evil is so fun I've made evil campaigns set in mostly evil worlds.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I throw up my hands at alignment because the players are all murderhobos anyways.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I just don't find evil all that fun.

Votes: 38 54.3%

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Skipped six pages so I'm not sure how this thread arrived at a Hollywood discussion, but:

In my games you can play any alignment you want; as long as any and all in-character arguments, disputes, fights, and disagreements stay in character and don't spill over to the table.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
I don't enjoy playing in evil campaigns, and I don't enjoy playing evil characters. I'm a frequent GM, and I refuse to run evil campaigns. I've only played one evil character, and he was very much an "evil helping the good guys against greater evil for personal reasons." But then, I'm also the type of person who can't bring themselves to play the Evil route in the majority of video games that have them.

Having said that, evil characters and campaigns are a perfectly valid playstyle, and I don't begrudge people who enjoy playing those types of games. They're just not for me.

Scruffy nerf herder

Toaster Loving AdMech Boi
Skipped six pages so I'm not sure how this thread arrived at a Hollywood discussion, but:

In my games you can play any alignment you want; as long as any and all in-character arguments, disputes, fights, and disagreements stay in character and don't spill over to the table.

Oh, we were discussing various characters and what makes an evil character. The Punisher was a side tangent but in principle they were trying to discuss what makes a character evil.

You don't. You're free to assess the fake Hollywood punisher all you want, including calling a serial murderer neutral instead of the evil that he is. You just aren't assessing The Punisher.
You mean the Marvel-approved Punisher, who is now entering the MCU- which is an authorized Marvel Universe. So, a different Punisher from the comics, but The Punisher nonetheless. I really get the impression that you are the kind of guy that chases women out of comic stores calling them fake fans and demand people list off entire discographies when you see them wearing band t-shirts. Lots of No True Scotsman going on here.

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
You mean the Marvel-approved Punisher, who is now entering the MCU- which is an authorized Marvel Universe. So, a different Punisher from the comics, but The Punisher nonetheless. I really get the impression that you are the kind of guy that chases women out of comic stores calling them fake fans and demand people list off entire discographies when you see them wearing band t-shirts. Lots of No True Scotsman going on here.
perhaps an Alignment issue ;)

edit: sorry

Last edited:

Remove ads