How do you handle Mordenkainen's Disjunction?

Norfleet

First Post
Cedric said:
Considering a DC 25 Will save to avoid losing all casting abilities permanently (you can always roll a 1) and considering a 95% chance that a deity or powerful representatives of a deity (can you say Solar, I knew you could) may take notice and offense to this...means that any caster willing to cast MD on artifacts hoping to destroy them is a complete idiot.
If you're attempting to destroy the Gadget of Ultimate Evil, I don't think that anyone who's opinion you'd actually care about would bother you. That Solar isn't going to mind that you've decided to sack the Gadget of Ultimate Evil, he's on your side. Some demon, on the other hand, might get annoyed, but he hates you anyway, so it's not like anything changes.

frankthedm

First Post
Thanee said:
So clerics get it and wizards don't, altho it's a spell created by a wizard and surely anti-magic is more a realm of wizards than clerics?

But if it works for your game, that's cool of course! :)

Bye
Thanee

The world i am using never had those supermages, so spells named for specific them were never created in the first place. and so they are not automaticly in my game [and having books from all editions, i do know which is which] There are usually divine equivalances, so yes the ones answering directly to gods of magic are the ones best suited to be causing magical EMP's. Some spells are reintroduced under new names for wizard / sorcerers when need be. Yig's acidic spittle [ melfs acid arrow] as an example.

Cedric

First Post
Others may disagree, but I think Leomund's Secret Chest would be unaffected by an MD..both of the chests are non-magical. And while the ability to recall the chests is magical, I would not consider it a continuing affect...

Cedric

LGodamus

First Post
My Npc's generally dont use it at all, and if I had a PC use it all the time I would have the Magister come b**chslap them and tell them that Mystra hates that. :p

Remove ads