how do you remove your location?

evilbob

Explorer
It's not in my profile or anywhere, and I've tried opting out of the players search thing, but there's still a map that shows where I live when people click my name. How can I stop this?

evilbob

Explorer
Thank you! That basically worked and solved my problem, in that my location is no longer shown. In the interest of error-reporting, here's what happened:

When I went to my profile I changed "location", "state" (manual entry), and "country" all to "Japan." When I did this, I got this error (or something similar):

Code:
Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Japan++Japan&output=xml&key=ABQIAAAA50W3m9wm9AmHPK1WJASKERR4EISncNEgO570o4nv3RWaseYjVBT9en8qtf6pk7rGxZtRhZt6trtojw): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/functions_rah.php on line 22

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=Japan++Japan&output=xml&key=ABQIAAAA50W3m9wm9AmHPK1WJASKERR4EISncNEgO570o4nv3RWaseYjVBT9en8qtf6pk7rGxZtRhZt6trtojw" in [path]/includes/functions_rah.php on line 22

The page spit out that error but then reloaded me to the profile edit page and the info had all been saved.

I have now changed all of those values, one at a time, back to what I had them before (location = "US", the others are blank). The "location" field is the one that generates the error above, while the others did not. I changed that one a couple more times to see, and it always threw that error (or something similar - I have about 2 seconds to capture it before it goes away). I am guessing that the "location" field is mostly responsible for the generation of the code for the map on the side of your profile page? And that it was probably given a real location a LONG time ago (by me), and it only really updated when I manually changed the location again (post complete-server-change). If these assumptions are correct, I doubt it's a very widespread issue, and at least there is a workaround.

Anyway, hope that helps! Thanks again for solving the problem.

Remove ads