• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you store and tote your D&D minis?

Droogie

Explorer
I've cut the original minis boxes down to about 4.5 inches tall, and I put them all into shoeboxes. The ones with the flip-top lids are best. If you need to find a particular mini fast, I just pull out the smaller box out of the shoebox and dump it.

I've got about 4 big shoeboxes of plastic crack so far. If I need to carry the whole collection someplace, I put them in a zip-up handbag that I found at the dollar store.

Attachments

• minis.jpg
    minis.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 91

phindar

First Post
Modoc said:
Phindar,

Can you post some pics of your bucket/box you use?

If you need a free photo hosting site, try photobucket

Sorry, no camera. Luckily, the ones I use are very similar to the ones Lalato posted, a little bit bigger than the second toolbox pictured. Since I live in the boonies, all my game materials have to travel.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
I store mine in cookie tins and in those hard Ziploc or Glad containers. If I'm taking the show on the road, I have a couple single layer Plano type boxes, but usually only need one.

A question, just out of genuine curiosity: Why the need to take hundreds of minis to a game? I could never DM that many encounters in a night. Sure , if you're playing Warhammer or some game where you need armies, but for D&D? I mean, if its just to show off your minis, I can dig that. :) But I'm curious.

Alas, now I've discovered painting my own pewter, transport for minis is getting a little more complicated. That's the ONE thing I hate about doing my own.

Shadowslayer said:
A question, just out of genuine curiosity: Why the need to take hundreds of minis to a game? I could never DM that many encounters in a night. Sure , if you're playing Warhammer or some game where you need armies, but for D&D? I mean, if its just to show off your minis, I can dig that. :) But I'm curious.
If you're not the DM and you are the mini supplier for the group, then you have to bring all your minis!

Bagpuss

Legend
Assuming we are talking D&D Plastic miniatures...

I use http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/index.htm they produce clear plastic boxes that stack on each other.

The 4 litre box on the right, is available with two layers of trays that you can hold about 6 to 8 miniatures in.

Currently I have 3 x 4 litre with trays, and a 9 litre (no trays) which stacks with them I've a spare 1 x 4 litre with no trays that is empty.

The medium and smaller are stored in the trays, group by general type, armoured fighters, fighters with shields, two-weapon fighters, wizards, more wizards, monks, gnomes, etc. I have about 2 boxes (4 trays) of PC race medium or smaller creatures; another box (2 trays) of monsters and none PC (drow, orcs, elementals, etc) and then the 9 litre box is all my huge and large miniatures thrown into together. I'm considering moving the large minatures to the empty 4 litre box, once the 9 litre one gets too full to search effectively.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Mighty Halfling said:
If you're not the DM and you are the mini supplier for the group, then you have to bring all your minis!

That's why I host all our games. Well, it was not exactly the minis (though they were another reason), but the books. I had all those nice books but could only ever use some of them because I can only bring so many books with me before my back breaks.

So now we play in my Dungeon, and we have access to all my books and minis.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads