How do you use dinosaurs in your campaign?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
No dinosaurs but the Frozen North campaign I am putting together has an Ice Age vibe and animals to match.

P.S. Not THAT Ice Age - no Sid the Sloth in this campaign.

Dinosaurs of the Arctic Ice

3AB07A7B-389C-4C5D-9F1D-ABB81D642AAA.jpeg

C-Moon

Suzerain Infomancer
I've always liked the idea of having dinosaurs be kept to a region of the map, brought back by necromancy magic initially then bred/maintained back into the wild but also use (flintstones style) them as work animals/beasts of burden etc.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
You may want to check out a Fantasy Novel, The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milan. It is billed as a cross between Jurassic Park and Game of Thrones. I have not read it so can't say if it is good or bad, but it was at Barnes & Noble not just a self-published book. Not that guarantees quality of course.

JohnSnow

Hero
In Michael A. Stackpole's "DragonCrown War" series, he had a type of large feathered velociraptor called "Frostclaw" as a regular (albeit dangerous) animal in the world.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am thinking of using undead dinosaurs (Lichosaurs) as a Buffalo replacement in a weird west setting.
How?
That would screw up the ecosystem. What use is an undead dino to a Plains Indian style culture? Definitely not a good food source.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases