How do you. . .

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
That sounds awfully... absolute. Are you sure?

-Hyp.

Yes. A fire elemental could tip a toe into lava. It would still die. Lava's thad badass. And don't get me started about magma.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kae'Yoss said:
Yes. A fire elemental could tip a toe into lava. It would still die. Lava's thad badass. And don't get me started about magma.

I'm pretty sure that if you fall in lava and you're immune to fire, you don't die.

I read that somewhere.

-Hyp.

MarauderX

Explorer
I prefer the unconventional battle settings too.

For this fight scene I'd draw in the beams along the lines of the battlemat, and the minis would have to be on a beam. If a mini was between the lines it was considered falling, or stradling, or climbing a rope up, etc. The edge of the construction zone should be clearly marked out as The Edge. If the beams happen to be 3'-0" on center, then just say the scale is 3' instead of 5'. If they are closer together than that, say less than 2.5', I'd just use balance checks to move with falling happening if they fail by 5 or more. They lose the rest of their action and make an easy Reflex save to stop from falling through.

Oh, and thanks for the idea.

Klaus

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
I'm pretty sure that if you fall in lava and you're immune to fire, you don't die.

I read that somewhere.

-Hyp.
I'm siding with Smurfette here. If you're immune to fire, you don't die.

As a house rule, if Chuck Norris falls in lava, lava dies.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
MarauderX said:
For this fight scene I'd draw in the beams along the lines of the battlemat, and the minis would have to be on a beam. If a mini was between the lines it was considered falling, or stradling, or climbing a rope up, etc.

That, sir, is genius. I hadn't considered the space between the lines.

Oh, and thanks for the idea.

Right back at ya' :)

Festivus

First Post
rkwoodard said:
Jenga blocks on top of your battle mat. You can still tick off the length, and the players see that they have no wiggle room.

RK

Heh, my first thought was popsicle sticks, but yeah, same concept. I regularly use stuff that was formerly laying around to become my awesome pit of doom! Having Legos is never a bad thing to have laying around.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
jdrakeh said:
That, sir, is genius. I hadn't considered the space between the lines.

Huh? How is this different from what I suggested? Draw the lines have the minis move along them. If they are off the lines they fall, if the lines are close enough to straddle or step from one to another then allow it. Otherwise it is jump and balance checks. . .

I guess I don't see the difficulty with this situation whatsoever, in terms of rules that is.

Remove ads