D&D (2024) How excited are you for the new 2024 edition d&d?

What is your excitement level? (1-5 with 5 being the highest)

Votes: 70 35.0%

Votes: 34 17.0%

Votes: 27 13.5%

Votes: 46 23.0%
  • 5 Most excited

Votes: 23 11.5%

• Poll closed .

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Voted 1.

I have no real horse in the race as I've no current intention of changing systems; but even then, were there more promise of new creatures-items-rules-etc. that I could mine for ideas for my own game then I would - as I was when 5e first came out - be more "excited" about this version.

But - as with the jump from 3e to 3.5 - this to me seems like just mildly different varations of what's already there. And thus: meh.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I would rather you not ascribe any emotional states, or lack thereof, to me.
Sorry, was just trying to help you classify that based on your response. I obviously misunderstood your answer.
It is less than I am "least excited" and more that insisting on gauging my "excitement" misses the actual nature of my reaction to the new books.
It’s a thread whose primary purpose is about you gauging your own emotional excitement to the new books. I’m sure everyone’s reactions to them are more nuanced than a spectrum of excited to not, and I welcome everyone to share those nuances in the comments if they wish.

*Im not insisting you gauge your level of excitement, but I think it was a fair assumption that if you were here in this thread you were interested in doing so. If that’s not the case, then that’s perfectly fine too. Might seem a bit odd to me, but still perfectly fine.

+2 for the new edition itself. 5e is good, but is also surprisingly long in the tooth. I am curious, but not overly excited, about what changes are being made.

+1 for the monk, specifically. I really like what I've heard.

+2 for ENWorld moving past this speculation phase.

-1 for the unnecessary drama from WotC (e.g. The OGL fiasco, the "what do we call it" BS, Pinkertons, etc.)

Final score: 4

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Huh. I always get excited about every release for D&D and D&D-adjacent games. Oftimes my excitement drops to apathy within a few minutes of starting to read the material - and that's when I LIKE it - it often drops to, "Ah, I'll go back to reading this when/if I mean to actually use it in a game".

So I voted 4. I'm honestly excited, but I don't know if it will last far into getting the books in my hands.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Is that even possible? Are you mad they are making it? And if so, why? Your books won't disappear.

Oh, wait, if you bought them Beyond, they may in fact disappear. But, hey, don't rent things from giant corporations that do not care about you.

Anyway -- I don't know what negative levels of excitement would mean.
My books are physical, it is not that I think they are going away (but WotC could always send Pinkertons to get them n_n). What I feel is that they will be devalued. 5e has a lot of value as a compromise edition, everybody's second option. Without being the up to date edition, chances to play it plummet.
I'm not into most of the changes shown so far on the new no-edition (some of the changes are off-putting even), and little of what has been shown truly feels like a fair tradeoff, let alone a cool one, so I don't see myself buying them. Mad is a strong word, but kinda cuts it.

Remove ads