How fast do you type your posts?

How fast do you type (words per minute) when posting to ENW?

• less than 10 wpm

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 10 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21 - 30

• 31 - 40

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 41 - 50

• 51 - 60

• 61 - 70

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 71 - 80

• 81 - 90

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 91 - 100

• more than 101 wpm

Yora

Legend
I type around 60 words per minute, but writing a post is much more than typing. I still have to think about what I really want to say, and then go back to change sentences and maybe paragraphs depending on what I want to say.

delericho

Legend
My most recent post was apparently 93 words and took a little under 2 minutes to write. I could type faster if I knew exactly what I was writing beforehand, and faster still if I'm transcribing from another source, but when posting here that is unlikely to be the case. So I went for 40 - 50 wpm.

G

Guest 7034872

Should have a poll on if one proofreads their post or waits until the next day to post if they are upset at someone on the internet.
I'll cop to both those habits and I make no apologies for either.

My actual typing speed? Like Morrus, I haven't the foggiest, but I do know I'm faster once caffeinated.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
My usual typing speed is around 104 wpm with 99% accuracy. I know this because I challenge my students to beat my typing test score every year.

I'm much slower on ENWorld because I try my best to post with clarity. So I think through what I'm typing, stop to revise, then read over it to fix errors or just delete it all together if it doesn't actually add to the conversation.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I have used the "hunt and peck" method of typing for all my typing. In that time I have gotten pretty fast with just two fingers and my thumbs, though I have not measured how fast. But I do make mistakes and I go back and review for accuracy, spelling, and editing, as well as for clarity (not just here on ENworld), so that takes time.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
About 77 wpm, but after mistakes it's about 63 wpm. If I'm on my phone, I'm much slower, even using the Gboard and its swiping. Some of that is how the site functions in my phone's Firefox install, but a lot of it's the keyboard reading my swipes in ways I didn't intend.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
It depends what I'm writing. According to the speed test in the original post, my typing speed is about 70 word per minute, although I'm currently at an airport café and I lost a few seconds during the test moving my laptop over when my waiter brought me a latté.

When I'm writing a Monster ENCyclopedia entry it sometimes takes me half an hour of research to produce a single sentence. I've occasionally started writing a paragraph, spent ages researching an obscure monster reference, and then decided it wasn't worth including after all. That means my typing speed sometimes drops down to minus words per minute :confused:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I can make a great many keystrokes each minute, but the actual speed-made-good is a very open question as a large proportion of those keystrokes are the 'backspace' key followed by another attempt at typo-free entry.

Remove ads