How I Made Peace With My Inner Gnome

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
baradtgnome said:
When I saw the Faen (and spryte) in Arcana Unearthed I thought... hmmm I wonder if I could fit that in my game. Check out my copy of AU next time we play.

Tilly with wings ?? :eyes widen: ooooooh. I think I'll have to have a look next time we play.

:)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Djeta Thernadier said:
Can I join your campaign??? ;)

Wanna drive to downtown NYC every Tuesday evening, and some weekends? :)

On the off-chance that you don't, I may be starting an over-the-top Gestalt Dino-Pirates of Ninja Island P-b-P game.

-- N

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Nifft said:
Wanna drive to downtown NYC every Tuesday evening, and some weekends? :)

On the off-chance that you don't, I may be starting an over-the-top Gestalt Dino-Pirates of Ninja Island P-b-P game.

-- N

Dinos???

Pirates???

Ninjas???

That's like taking three of the coolest things ever and putting them in a blender and making the best darn smoothie ever...

sort of... :D

Olive

Explorer
I still can't get used to gnomes, partly becuase I can't get the DL tinker gnome idea out of my head.

'PC fae race' is how one wise person once referred to them on these boards. But I can't really get my head around the fae either so that doesn't help!

Mystic_23

First Post
die_kluge said:
Damn shame I don't play in your campaign, because you'd get a winged gnome for sure!

I love gnomes! My first 3e character was a gnome cleric/illusionist. We started at 3rd, and ended at 13th. He was clr10/ill3. He also had tons of ranks in tinkering, and was always trying to fix stuff. He even had a spring-loaded umbrella that he made. With his frog familiar (3.0) and a toughness feat, he had more hitpoints than even some of the fighters in the group (20 Con).
Ah, yes...gnomes with a toad familar. Always makes for a tough little magic-user. We had a guy in our group make up a character with that combo. We called him "Action Gnome!" (the exclamation mark is implied.)

Fun fun.

I'm thinking of making a gnome bard/sorcerer the next time I play D&D.

Mac Callum

First Post
Funny, for me it was always halflings I could never find a place for. What do they even do on a day to day basis?

OTOH, little mad-scientist practical joker fey dudes just slid into my campaign worlds like a pig in mud.

Remove ads