How is your summer going?

edge3343

First Post
It was great so far, the Tripper and me snuck into the camp director's cabin and moved his bed to the side of the road out by the camp entrance. Just in time for parents day too! :lol: Then we stayed up all night playing poker for peanuts and ran the fat kids underwear up the flag pole! What a great gag! But I started to get homesick and decided to leave camp, and wouldn't you know it, the tripper caught up to me at the bus station eating fries. Anyway, after threatening me with the corkscrew on his swiss-army knife he convinced me to come back to camp. That crazy guy! :)

Boy, am I glad I did! Because after a great pep talk from the good ole Tripper. We beat the camp across the lake in the annual games-thing we play. Believe it or not, this was the year Fink beat the stomach! He ate so many hot dogs, I bet he craps 10lbs tonight! Looks like we're sleeping with the windows open tonight, boys. :lol: Anyway, I beat the kid from the other camp in the corss-country race to win the camp games for the Camp Northstar team! Yay! They hoisted me up on their shoulders and chanted, "Wuddy the Wabbit" or some such crap.

Anyways, I gotta finish this letter because the CIT (counselors in training) are letting me go on their canoe trip with them. Maybe I'll loose my virginity. :confused:

Love,
"Wuddy the Wabbut" :lol:

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der, Wons Der...

drothgery

First Post
"Summer" and "Winter" are apparently states of extreme weather conditions encountered in more temperate climates. Neither exists in San Diego.[1]

[1] I'm not kidding. In January, it's gloomy in the morning, 65 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains. In July, it's gloomy in the morning, 75 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains.

LightPhoenix

First Post
drothgery said:
"Summer" and "Winter" are apparently states of extreme weather conditions encountered in more temperate climates. Neither exists in San Diego.[1]

[1] I'm not kidding. In January, it's gloomy in the morning, 65 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains. In July, it's gloomy in the morning, 75 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains.
It's the same here in Syracuse, except...

In January, it's gloomy in the morning, 5 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains... it snows. In July, it's gloomy in the morning, 15 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains... it snows.

:p

drothgery

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
It's the same here in Syracuse, except...

In January, it's gloomy in the morning, 5 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains... it snows. In July, it's gloomy in the morning, 15 and sunny in the afternoon, and almost never actually rains... it snows.

:p
I went to high school near Syracuse, and some of my siblings still live upstate. So I'd have to say that you're overstating the case. It snowed a lot while I lived there, but it wasn't all that cold compared to where I'd been before then (far west suburbs of Cleveland, far north suburbs of Chicago); usually it got up to 30 or so. And summers were definitely warmer there than they are here (and much more humid); I miss sticky 90-degree days even less than I miss blizzards.

Last edited:

No place is all that extreme. I moved from Gulf Coast Texas to Detroit. Now that was a contrast -- Texas summers to Detroit winters.

Album Cover X

First Post
drothgery said:
I went to high school near Syracuse, and some of my siblings still live upstate. So I'd have to say that you're overstating the case. It snowed a lot while I lived there, but it wasn't all that cold compared to where I'd been before then (far west suburbs of Cleveland, far north suburbs of Chicago); usually it got up to 30 or so. And summers were definitely warmer there than they are here (and much more humid); I miss sticky 90-degree days even less than I miss blizzards.

I think he was half-joking...

Every town/state has their own weather "lore"... everyone tries to out-trump those living elsewhere... I've lived a number of places throughout the USA and each had its own weather "issues"

for my 1st 24 years and now again I live in what drothgery calls the far west suburbs of Cleveland and the weather is just what I considered normal... I like the fact that we get all 4 seasons here

for 18 horrible months I lived outside Memphis, TN... and the humidity is something I hated there among 3783438 other things... :mad:

and for 2 glorious years I lived in Seattle where contrary to popular opinion it does NOT rain everyday... We just told people that so no one else would move there any longer... :)

Bass Puppet

First Post
Well, as for a Cali gent like myself, I'm enjoying the beautiful weather, beautiful women, beautiful bbq's...heck, just about everything in my neck of the woods is pretty daym beautiful. When summer roles around, I start walking to work (30 min). It's a very nice walk (through a small beach community and over a small bridge) with a very nice view of my area. Last fathers day we set up the turntables (I'm a DJ) and played (my fathers) classic rock vinyl all day while bbqing steak and lobster for the man in the backyard. My birthday is in late July and I always do something special and treat myself. My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to rent a winnebago and drive up to Lake Tahoe with two other couples. It should be hella fun and look forward to this 7 day binge. It's the first vacation I've had in 6 years and it's a payed one. whoo!

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer (those who are experiencing summer), and look forward to reading others summer plans.

Cheers!

Remove ads