How many d20s do you own?

zigmenthotep

First Post
Long story short, I'm developing a system for an RPG some friends are designing and the idea has come up of switching from a d10 dice pool to a d20 dice pool. I'm a wee bit concerned about the likeliness of the average player owning enough d20s. So I was hoping I could get an idea of how many d20s people tend to own.
If you don't feel like counting, the main thing I'm looking for is more than 10 or less than 10.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My everyday normal dice bag has 11 d20s in it.

My wife, for comparison, has 4 sets of dice, so 4 d20s. And, as she bought sets, that means she has 8 d10s - you're apt to see that pattern with many people, as sets usually come with 2d10 so you can do percentiles.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I have a bunch of d20's, probably more than 10. I also have a bunch of dice with 20 sides that are marked 0-9 twice (the old-style d20), probably as many as 10. And an equal number of pairs of d10's for rolling percents, etc...

Dioltach

Legend
About 8, I think. Most of the people I play with don't have more than one or two, though. But a couple of my players use dice-rolling apps on their phones.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It has to be in the high double digits if not actually over 100.

Part of that is that- inspired by one Mr. Alan Hench- I keep buckets of dice on hand for those who forget theirs. But generally speaking, that's just a symptom!

Disease #1: I'm a collector by nature.

Disease #2: I tend to buy a new set of dice every time I feel particularly inspired by a character.

Wicht

Hero
I probably easily have more than 20 (never counted). In the household we likely have near to a hundred*.

*I joked with my kids at a young age, "You can never have too many dice," and they took me seriously.

Remove ads