• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many dice do you own?

How many dice do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • 21-50

Votes: 64 26.0%
  • 51-100

Votes: 59 24.0%
  • 101-200

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • 201-300

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 301-400

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 501-1,000

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • 1,001-1,500

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 1,501-2,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2,001-2,500

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2,500+

Votes: 5 2.0%

haiiro

First Post
Zander said:
I have a few other pics of weird dice in my collection. I haven't posted them because I didn't want to hijack your thread. But if you like, I'd be happy to add a few more. Just say the word...

I don't consider it my thread. ;)

Post away -- I for one like seeing pictures of funky dice, and it fits right in with the stories and comments folks have made thus far. :)

haiiro

First Post
diaglo said:
mostly d1s, d2s, d4s, d6s, d8s, d10s, d12s, d20s, d30s, and d100s. and a few oddball d14s, d16s, d24s, and d32s.

d1s...?

- A d6 with "1" on every face?
- A perfect sphere with no numbers on it (a la Dork Tower)?
- A cat with a "1" painted on its back -- you drop it and it lands on its feet every time?
- A piece of buttered toast with a "1" burned into the bottom -- you drop it and it lands butter-side-down every time?
- A loathsome construct of eldritch, non-Euclidian angles from beyond space and time?

One thing's for sure: D&D players would learn to hate them pretty quickly. "Shoot! I rolled another 1. I guess I drop my sword again."

:D

Edit: it's, its -- hey, at least it wasn't i'ts.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
haiiro said:
d1s...?
- A d6 with "1" on every face?
- A perfect sphere with no numbers on it (a la Dork Tower)?
- A cat with a "1" painted on its back -- you drop it and it lands on its feet every time?
- A piece of buttered toast with a "1" burned into the bottom -- you drop it and it lands butter-side-down every time?
- A loathsome construct of eldritch, non-Euclidian angles from beyond space and time?
One thing's for sure: D&D players would learn to hate them pretty quickly. "Shoot! I rolled another 1. I guess I drop my sword again."

someone told me i lost them for buying so many dice. but i think they were just being nice.:D

Jeph

Explorer
Uh . . . what are Dragon Dice? (yeah, yeah, yeah, so I didn't know that rpgs existed before DnD3e came along. So sue me!)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I've got [color=dc143c]red[/color], [color=0000ff]blue[/color], [color=ba55d3]light purple[/color], and [color=008080]teal[/color] sets. So that would be 28 dice. As you can see, I need more.

Chauzu

First Post
I should add that I'm also starting to make dice in ceramics class. People always steal dice in my class though for some reason, so I gotta watch them every class time. I made 3 so far, and two were stolen. :rolleyes:

haiiro

First Post
Jeph said:
Uh . . . what are Dragon Dice? (yeah, yeah, yeah, so I didn't know that rpgs existed before DnD3e came along. So sue me!)

Dragon Dice was TSR's foray into the world of collectible dice games. Much-hyped, not that good (IMO), and not around for all that long.

The basic idea involved building armies of dice -- all of which had stats and specific abilities -- and then battling other players. Better dice were harder to find, etc. It had some neat mechanics, although it's been too long for me to remember specifics.

The dice are actually pretty cool, and if you can find them at all they're often quite cheap. Not good for much outside of playing DD, but that's not the point. ;)

My group uses them as pool toys: we toss them in the deep end and see who can pick up more without coming up for air.

Lygah

First Post
re: dice

As for my gaming Dice, which are all I counted I have 200 exactly, that list includes 1 d30, 1 d100, a d20 around the size of a tennis ball, and my four golden d6s used for character creation only. I also do have the 18 Dice in my Axis and Allies game, but they were not counted.

Zander

Explorer
haiiro said:
I... like seeing pictures of funky dice, and it fits right in with the stories and comments folks have made thus far. :)

OK. Here's a few more :) ...

Attachments

• a&rdice.jpg
    a&rdice.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 96

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads