• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many dice do you own?

How many dice do you own?

• 1-10

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • 21-50

Votes: 64 26.0%
  • 51-100

Votes: 59 24.0%
  • 101-200

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • 201-300

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 301-400

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 501-1,000

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • 1,001-1,500

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 1,501-2,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2,001-2,500

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 2,500+

Votes: 5 2.0%

Zappo

Explorer
I'm 50-100. I'd have more, but many were lost during the years. Including my favorite transparent green d20 of DEATH. :(

I have a half idea of buying the Chessex Pound o'Dice. With all of them, I'm bound to find a new dice of death. How many are in there, BTW?

Celebrim

Legend
"With all of them, I'm bound to find a new dice of death. How many are in there, BTW?"

Old verses of lore say that there are thirteen Die of Death, but some claim that there is a One Die, a Master Die of Great Slaying, made to rule over all other dice and bind them to its will.

As it is said:

Nine dice for NPC's doomed to die.
Seven from the Dragon packs lost long ago
Three for the GURPS players looking for a home

One die to rule them
One die to find them
One die to slay them all and in critical hits bind them.
On the Tabletop where the polyhedrons lie.

By this verse the players of old knew that they had been betrayed, and that they shouldn't argue with the DM because he was in a very bad mood.

haiiro

First Post
Zappo said:
I have a half idea of buying the Chessex Pound o'Dice. With all of them, I'm bound to find a new dice of death. How many are in there, BTW?

I've never bought the Pound O' Dice, but I recommend the Bowl of Dice available at the Chessex booth at GenCon (and probably other cons as well). For US$30, you get a sizable salad bowl that you can dip into a giant container of mixed dice -- and you keep evrything that stays in/on the bowl.

I did it in 2000 (twice :D) and pulled my two favorite d20s out of the resulting mass of dice, along with other good ones. In 2000, you could wrap your arms around the bowl and keep all of the dice that stayed on your arms as well. I missed GenCon 2001, but in 2002 they didn't let you do that anymore. Spoilsports. ;)

drakhe

First Post
I have about 580 (just spent 1 and 1/2 hours counting ;) )

These are divided as :

- 150 RPG (of which a bunch make up 16 matched sets of 7 dice)
- 200 battle dice (tabletop miniature batle games)
- 100 assorted varia
- 130 dice from my collection of boardgames
- 1 DM die (actualy a faceless six-sider that always rolls ... nothing
- 1 REAL D100 (never use it, takes ages to roll someth and hard
to read

[ edit1 ]
(btw: the reason for the sixteen sets of RPG dice: I get a set per character I play and I have some reserve sets as standby for demo's and when players don't have/forgot dice)

[ edit2 ]
(btw2: I must have loads of dragon dice somewhere, but after 1 and a 1/2 hour of counting dice I called it quits :D )

Last edited:

drakhe

First Post
arnwyn said:
11-20. Two sets of normal polyhedral gaming dice (one set for at home, one back-up/travelling set). Why would I need any more?

Because we need more randomness !

N E E D M O R E R A N D O M aaaaagh......

(oh, and maybe because we're a superstitious lot, like, NOBODY touches my dice, or I'll have to replace them... One of the reasons I bought Hackmaster was because they provide proper dice care and dice technique chapters and have the very important celebrity dice charging surfaces in the inside cover of the core books !)

[edit - forgot to tell ya: MORE DICE puhlease! I've just started unjinxing my fav set: need to roll each die untill I get 6 consecutive maximums on that die.......... getting tir e d]

[edit2: btw don't forget: after unjinxing a set of dice, drop them in your dice bag in hierarchical order and mix calmly but determined for 5 minutes to reallign the bag with the dice, otherwise the dice will lose their charge at a ridiculous rate]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

physicscarp

Explorer
Do Dragon Dice count?!!

I've got 231! Wohoo!! I'm pretty pleased with that number but I'll definitely keep buying more. In fact, just last Thursday I bought a set of Flame or some such thing. They're pretty slick.

I have some Dragon Dice laying around too, but I didn't think they counted, so I left them out. They sometimes make good minis though, since they have dwarves and goblins and such on them.

Carp

Quickbeam

Explorer
Technically, I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 140 or so dice. However, most of them reside in my older son's room because he enjoys playing with them so much. I carry right around 50 in my dice bag, and that's where those are staying -- he can't have them all :D!!

ichabod

Legned
Ah, I remember the days when I could go to a convention and just buy one new set of dice. Last time I went to a convention I spent $100 on dice. Oddly enough I can't afford to go to a convention this year. I have taken out loans from friends to buy dice. Most people have dice bags. I have a dice shelf. And that's just for the good ones. Never mind the gobs of dicemaster in the closet.

It all works out in the end though. I once traded one pair of d6's for $50 and 10 other d6's. And this wasn't even dicemaster or dragon dice.

I haven't counted them, but I'm guessing that I'm only somewhere in the 50-100 range. At least that I have collected and in one place. A lot of them are d6s from all kinds of different games, and a lot of them are d10s from my old Storyteller days. But I feel somewhat dice impoverished -- I saw some today that were 2d6 in one -- a tiny d6 inside another transparent d6 -- and I also saw Japanese and Roman numberal d6s, and huge d20s that were baseball sized -- I would love to have any of these! :)

Ace

Adventurer
haiiro said:
Pretty straightforward question. ;)

I love dice, and I have around 1,200. :D I'm curious to see the breakdown among EN Worlders.

I have about a 75 and change

The only reason I have so many is that I bought a brick of Chessex D6 with about 30 in it and about 20 d10 for the Riddle of Steel

Otherwise I have only about 3 sets and some odd balls

Really I only need one set (3d4, 12d6, 2d8, 1d12, 2d20, 5d10 and a few others) but thats hearsey around here

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads