• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How many fans want a 5E Warlord?

How many fans want a 5E Warlord?

• I want a 5E Warlord

Votes: 139 45.9%
  • Lemmon Curry

Votes: 169 55.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Yes, out of 219 respondents, 145 want the warlord. About 2:1 in favor.

It's an ENWorld 'multiple choice' poll. You can click either or both answers.

But I am asking for a character that is actually based on the warlord archetype... one of the issues with the warlord archetype IMO is that numerous characters from fighters to wizards do what he supposedly does. it's one of the reasons it's a weak archetype. Inspiring people is done by every "class" in most fiction... it's not in and of itself an archetype.

Arguably this is what Dalinar Kholin in The Stormlight Archives does, in his role as a Bondsmith. We'll know for sure though when he gets his own book.

The cleric says "hello."
No. The Cleric says "I represent a 'Holy Warrior' or 'Militant Priest' archetype. As such, I don't feel constrained to play my character is a predetermined way in order to satisfy abstract roles akin to playing in a sports team, or those who these erroneously conflate these roles as being the same thing as a 'narrative archetype'".

Clerics in my games are always saying that......

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
No. The Cleric says "I represent a 'Holy Warrior' or 'Militant Priest' Archetype, and as such I do not feel constrained into having to play in a contrived, pre-designated way that functions like a role in a sports team and often seems to confuse people as to what 'narrative archetype' really means...."

Clerics in my game are always saying that.....

All clerics I play are support to the protagonists, since always.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Another fun fact about this thread:

Anyone taken a look at the poll results lately?

Just sayin'...

You could check the other warlord poll, it could use some love... And enough with shameless self promotion for this week. cyao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads