How Many Hours Do You Usually Spend in a Level?

How many hours of play does your group spend in a given level?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You have a thousand hours of play in a year? That's impressive.

Yikes. Yeah, that's nearly 3 hours a day. I guess a couple of lengthy sessions a week could do it. I'm jealous as hell! Until recently, I was only managing 3 hours a week, though it's up to about 8 now, thank goodness.

Hussar

Legend
I do have to ask though. [MENTION=2885]diaglo[/MENTION], how in the heck do you play for 1000 hours and only gain one level? What are you doing?

diaglo

Adventurer
Yikes. Yeah, that's nearly 3 hours a day. I guess a couple of lengthy sessions a week could do it. I'm jealous as hell! Until recently, I was only managing 3 hours a week, though it's up to about 8 now, thank goodness.

i was a kid. after school 10-14 of us got together and gamed. did this even into college. i went to a state university. it lasted just shy of 11 years.
edit: we gamed during lunch at school and had an after school club too.

edit2: of course we didn't just play D&D (although that was the biggest timehog). we played Boot hill, Gamma World, Top Secret, Bushido, Squad Leader, Starfleet Battles, etc...
i ran most of the D&D for the kids in my neighborhood b/c i bought the D&D. another guy ran Top Secret b/c he bought it. Another Gamma World and so on.

edit3: for those needing a time reference Avalon Hill and Origins was still in my area. i was near Baltimore

Last edited:

Remove ads