How Many Minis Do You Have?

How Many Minis Do You Have?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Be honest: right now, how many minis do you have in your possession? Just a raw count of all minis: plastic or pewter, painted or unpainted, used or new, characters or monsters...what's the number?

Asking for a friend.

Tell us all about your collection, too, if you're so inclined.

1652982069451.png

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My number is 44.

I collected a few dozen character minis over the years, most of them from Reaper, and most of them for the 3.5E campaign I was running in the early-to-mid 2000s. I started using HeroForge to create custom minis as-needed for my players' characters (usually as a gift, at the start of the campaign), but we haven't used it since the pandemic forced us to start playing over VTT.

31 pewter, all unpainted
13 plastic (3D printed from HeroForge), 3 painted.

When I use a battlemat, I don't use minis for monsters. I use cardboard chits, coins, and poker chips to represent the monsters.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I don't actually have a complete count, but it's a lot. When you maintain a Warhammer habit for a couple of decades you tend to wind up with a lot of unbuilt and unpainted stuff in boxes uncatalogued, alongside many hundreds of painted miniatures packed away in cases and army transport boxes for travel to and from tournaments, plus of course some nice painted stuff on display, but I don't even have a count of those right now. :LOL:

Full Warhammer armies for Wood Elves and Chaos Warriors painted, plus partial forces for Beastmen, Skaven and High Elves painted, plus some unpainted for Tomb Kings, and misc unpainted figs for all of those factions. Full 40k armies for Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines, and Blood Angels painted, and some Chaos Daemons, plus more models for Space Marines, Eldar, Daemons, 100+ old metal Harlequins, a mostly unpainted Necrons army, etc.

A fully painted Song of Ice and Fire Starks army, and a partially-painted Lannisters army (a hundred or so more models there).

A couple of dozen painted Cryx models for Warmachine, plus a few unpainted.

Dozens of old Ral Partha and Grenadier D&D minis from my adolescence, as well as Battletech 'mechs in both metal and plastic.

Several full Blood Bowl teams in metal and plastic.

Hundreds of Reaper minis; a small percentage in metal (mostly PCs from campaigns over the past twenty or so years), but a lot more from the Bones 1 and 5 Kickstarters.

Plus some other miscellaneous stuff like a 15mm starter Wood Elf army from Mighty Armies, or all the figs that came with games like Massive Darkness, Advanced HeroQuest, Dark Future, and the new HeroQuest remake, which I backed at the Mythic level and so came with around 75 models.

One of the sad things about switching to online D&D during the pandemic has been no longer being able to raid my miniatures for game play, or rummage through the collection to inspire an encounter. I've had some good ones inspired by a favorite mini or set thereof.

Last edited:

20-30, I think. I don't use minis in my games, but when I'm playing in a game and the DM/GM uses minis, I like to have a mini for my character and not be stuck using a spare die or rely on the kindness of someone at the table with spares.

I've also taken up painting minis just for the sake of doing so, to get better at it and just have fun. I am, however, fairly slow at it.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
My guess is in the upper end of the 500-1000 range but it could easily be higher. I stopped counting decades ago when it was still in the tens rather than hundreds. :)

ETA: if you include the hundreds of game pawns, chessmen, and non-"mini" things I use to represent random generic foes then I'm well into the over-1000 category.

Retreater

Legend
Started off collecting those plastic blind booster boxes of D&D minis in the 3.5 era. And then got into Warhammer (Fantasy, 40K, Age of Sigmar) - playing multiple armies. Then there are Kickstarters for big collections. And board games like Descent, Massive Darkness, HeroQuest. And then I got into 3D printing.
I have so many minis - almost all of them fully painted as a major hobby for me.
I am about to start boxing them up and putting them into storage because they are all over the place in my gaming room.

Remove ads