How Many Minis Do You Have?

How Many Minis Do You Have?

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I don't know exactly, because I don't know where more than half of them are at the moment. I have 7 modern plastic minis, and then somewhere in a box (recent move) are my painted lead minis from the early 80's. I can't remember how many there are.

I mostly play online now, and a member of my in-person group owns hundreds...maybe thousands...so the rest of us don't buy them.

Li Shenron

Legend
Do only traditional minis count or also stuff from other games? I use LEGO minifigs when running D&D. I've never counted them, I probably have something like a hundred or two, most of which are monsters. These I bought myself specifically for D&D either from single-minifigs sleeves, tiny sets, or even second hand in small batches, but then we also use those from my children's own Lego stuff, especially animals and weirdos humanoids. But the problem here is that everything bigger than medium or not shaped as a humanoid, we build it using bricks on a need basis, so it cannot be counted.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ha! I don't know if you: A) Know that the paint jobs on those minis was questionable; or B) Don't know that the random D&D minis came prepainted.
While I have some prepainted minis- mostly the plastic ones- I have only painted an estimated 2-3 dozen in my life. And one of THOSE is a stone giant just done in a clearcoat. 🤪

Bluenose

Adventurer
The vast majority of my minis are for wargaming, and there's a lot of them. A lot depends on the type of battle the wargame is supposed to simulate, but decently sized armies can be 400 figures or more.
I don't have any full 28mm armies as most of the people I play with collect smaller scales, so most of my figures would be smaller than the D&D Miniatures.
My largest army in terms of number of figures is in 6mm scale, Napoleonic Russians, around 2,000 figures. In 15mm scale iI've got one army - Sassanid Persian - with a little more than 750 figures, including optional troops as well as the default core troops. There's seven more ready to use and effectively complete. 28mm is more skirmish forces, tens of figures at most for anything I collect - various of the Osprey Wargames skirmish games, Gripping Beast's Saga system, Frostgrave and a few others but none of those are "big" armies.
Then there's the ones waiting to be painted. Oh dear.

Dioltach

Legend
No idea how many I have - hundreds, at least, possibly as many as a thousand.
Several of my boardgames include minis, so just for War of the Ring and Battle of the Five Armies that's probably at least 300 minis.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I voted 1000+ stopped counting. I have a massive mix of metal. resin, plastic, painted, part painted, unpainted, prepainted, assembled, unassembled across fantasy, SF, modern, and historical genres. At the same time I have both far too many minis, yet also the need to buy one or two more each time I see something shiny, new, just right, of that inspires an idea.

Remove ads